Horrible Gas Mileage

finch13

Reaction score
I just seafoamed my car today
and I;m getting the check engine light?
Has anyone gotten this problem before?

Might have caused a CEL because the primary O2 isn't reading what it should because of the seafoam. I'd just reset it, see if it comes back, then get it read.

Worst case, you fouled the sensor and need a new one, I'd guess.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
What do you mean by back to back? I usually run my tank to E or lower. MY gas gauge isn't funky either, I get around 250 the first half and about the same the second half.
something like...during the same week or month...fill up, run the tank down to half/gas light/whatever, fill up and calculate mileage, then run it down to the opposite of last time.

so one tank would go down to half, fill it up...then run the next one to empty...or vise versa.

use the pump for consistency of measure, same time of day, etc...

blkdout6

Reaction score
yeah i use mid grade shell cause the car seems to run better and gets more miles to a tank as apposed to cheaper gas

dthomas2000

Reaction score
Well I don't really "rev" up the car per say...but i get about 370 mpg avg and may be 400 mpg If i push her.....I do have a 4 banger with 18 heavy a** rims.....lol

Fuzz

Reaction score
F23 5 Speed... Stock Engine...

But its not what you have... Its how you drive it.

4341.jpg

4348.jpg

4327.jpg

ASEHybrid1.jpg

Rain Shot!!
4759.jpg

I DO get about 16MPG in the Rain though! :)

I did a Full Day Session.. about 3 hours of On-Track Time... I drove for about 100 Miles and destroyed 3/4th of a tank lol. Not as bad as a guy in a STI. Filled in the Morning.. Drove about 50 miles... Went to lunch on 1/4 Tank Filled up, came back, and didn't get to finish the day, had to sit out the last session cause he had 0 Gas Left.

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i normally get 320 ish normal driving

440 ish highway

damn obd-i conversion with enough fuel for nitrous

Back