Horrible Gas Mileage

cajun

Reaction score
at 80mph, my rpm is at like 3k is that right?

...and it's ~2500 at 65 mph. We need a 5th gear like the 7thGen/I4 got.

I picked up a few mpg's when I started setting cruise at 65 mph (was 75-80) on my commute.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i cruise at 7mph over the limit (most of the time) on the highway, always using cruise control.

i know a couple reasons why i get 17mpg city...one of em involves the car not shifting before 3-3500 rpm which is partly my right foot, partly car...

boshi

Reaction score
How do you know when the automatic tranny starts to die?
Isn't there a problem with automatic trannys on 6th gens?

finch13

Reaction score
Search dude, that's completely not related to this thread.

Answer to your q's: usually when it starts slipping, and yes, big probs

Lrys_CG

Reaction score
I get around 20 MPG and thats me just cruising. I would normally go 80 on the freeway at just about 3000 rpm. LOL well... i would normally punch it while merging onto the freeway because i want to catch up to the speed as everyone else. Also just to hear my v-tech kick in LOL!!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its Vtec, not v-tech. I don't know why you're listening to a phone kick in, whatever floats your boat.

SteadFast

Reaction score
I've been running an average of about 470-500 miles a tank, no real difference if I'm getting on it, or just driving easy. Works out to around 30mpg give or take. I track it every fill up using the trip odometer, and how ever much the pump says I use.
Nothing special done to it, K&N filter, Mobil Clean 5000 oil, and I seafoam it every 10k miles, Pennzoil Syncromesh in the tranny. (99, 5 speed sedan, ULEV)

Back