Euro R CL-1 SWAP

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
i'm tired of my motor sitting in my buddy's garage ... ok here's the deal ... i'm trying to get my cl-1 euro r motor swap rolling ... i don't know whether i should use the euro r engine harness and just extend the wires or should i utilize my existing harness to match the euro r [CL-1] ecu ... here is what i need help with ... i need the exact pinouts for the CL-1 euro r ecu and also, does anyone know if euro r ecu's have immobilizers?

Last edited:

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Re: Euro R CL-1 ECU

Can safely say Euro R's don't have immobilizers!!
As for the pin out's I can't really help you, but I would advise getting a P28 ECU and reverting back to OBD1 if your state allows.
Reason for that is because the CL1 suffers a very strange Hesitation / Bogging problem due to the ECU pulling some timing in an attempt to lower emissions.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

thanks alot for the info ... knowing that the ecu has no immobilizer is huge help ...

i've thought about running hondata but what i really want is to run the euro r ecu ... i'm not looking to lower emissions so i should be fine, it's not like a jdm motor swap is legal here anyway lol

help for the ecu pinouts are still very welcomed

GlassJAw

Reaction score

I'm trying to track down what pinout diagrams my mate used when he did his Euro R H2B conversion into his EJ civic. I think the Civic was OBD2A originally and he converted the original Harness to OBD2B so he could run the Euro R ECU.
**Edit. if you've thought about running a Hondata I would totally advise going that route!! you will squeeze a couple more HP out of it that way too, and avoid the very annoying Hesitation problem the standard ECU creates.

Last edited:

Drift

Reaction score

I agree with going with Hondata for this swap, but I assume you want to use the stock ecu for emissions purposes?

GlassJAw

Reaction score

http://ff-squad.com/ecu2/?page_id=53

It appears they claim it is the same pinout??

Although in looking at that, it claims there is a pin or two for Cruise Control.... very random as I haven't seen a Euro R with that option!!

Last edited:

Drift

Reaction score

If you have a multimeter and a couple hours you could go pin-to-pin on a few of the sensors and see where they end up on the ecu connector. Then compare that to the diagram I set you. You should be able to figure it out. If not, send that my way, Ill figure that out.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

so i almost have enough cash to get a daily so i can start the swap ... i got bored and i decided to plug in the euro r ecu into my car since they are both obdIIb [same pin-outs i assume] ... i thought the car would at least start up and run like dog crap but i got nothing ... could anyone elaborate on why that is?

... i thought "immobilizer" ... but my understanding of the immobilizer is that it's in the ecu ... the ignition just reads the key sending a signal to the ecu ... so if the euro r ecu does not have an immobilizer it should theoretically start the car right?

i'm going to go try it again and look at my gauge cluster to see if the key flashes for the immobilizer or not

Back