Holy expensive? Timing Belt Quote

00Silvy

Reaction score
My local Honda dealership wants $1,006 to do timing belt/waterpump and all things associated with it. (I think seals and other belts).

I just want the timing belt done. I just hit 100k. I'm going to check another Honda dealership.... I was hoping to spend $400.

Is that a normal price and I'm overreacting?

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
That's not too out of the question for the stealership, normally around 8 stacks though. I paid like 450 at a local honda only shop in FL.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
From a dealership... that sounds about right. I think Honda quoted me around $900. I ended up getting it done at a local shop for, I don't remember exactly, but like $450.

If you are getting it done... you really should go ahead and do the waterpump & accessory belts as well. The bulk of the cost is in the labor, and to replace the timing belt you have access to all those parts anyways. Whereas if your water pump goes out like a month after you do your timing belt.... well they will have to remove your fresh new belt to change the WP anyways

DrOwZee

Reaction score
^ so you paid $450 to have everything changed out? timing belt, waterpump etc?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
You can buy the parts from TASauto, it's under $200 for all the parts you need. That would save you money from them ordering from a local parts house which charges stupid amounts. They quotes me just under 1k here. You need to remember Honda shop labor is some of the most expensive you'll find. It's $115 an hour here with an hour minimum.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Yeah I paid in the $450 range for all belts and wp. I bought the parts myself online and took them to the garage. YMMV, but I purchased OEM parts because I didn't see the point in risking engine damage to save $30 with aftermarket belts

Back