What Oil Filter do you use at oilchanges?

What filter do you use on your honda

• Total voters

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
would running a suby filter really be better for my engine, or would it just make oil piss out my leaky drain plug quicker and harder? :lawl:

serious question too, haha. but i bet both answers are yes....which sucks haha.

Drift

Reaction score
would running a suby filter really be better for my engine, or would it just make oil piss out my leaky drain plug quicker and harder? :lawl:

serious question too, haha. but i bet both answers are yes....which sucks haha.

It probably wont make it run any better. And it certainly wont effect your drain plug as the crank case isnt under pressure.

But I would like to add that the only reason Im running a Subaru filter is because we usually have them in stock at my shop and I know it fits. I really dont think its any better or worse than any other filter, probably filters the same as the Honda OEM one as they are both made by Honeywell.

The oil pressure increase is simply a side effect. The Subaru's run upwards of 100psi on a cold start, as our case run around 80psi on cold start. That is due to the bigger oil pump that the subarus have and the tighter clearances that they run on the crank. (Which also happens to be the main failure point of Subarus, but that an whole different subject all together.)

Drift

Reaction score
And their headgaskets :lawl:

The turbo motors dont really eat head gaskets like the NA cars do. We do surprisingly few at my shop. We do however do a ton of full motor builds on those cars. We have 3 STi's at the shop right now getting fresh blocks.

finch13

Reaction score
The turbo motors dont really eat head gaskets like the NA cars do. We do surprisingly few at my shop. We do however do a ton of full motor builds on those cars. We have 3 STi's at the shop right now getting fresh blocks.

Really? Last winter we did at least 3 Outbacks over the winter at our shop :lawl: Surprising that the turbo motors don't help push out eh headgaskets...

Drift

Reaction score
Really? Last winter we did at least 3 Outbacks over the winter at our shop :lawl: Surprising that the turbo motors don't help push out eh headgaskets...

Nope, they just spin bearings like its there job.

Back