10K worth of mods?

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
I think mine has been the most legit response because it includes these.

An accord 5spd
A daily driver
A 13 second or better car
Reliable
And last but not least a f23a1

:)

And just for the record I have probably 3k in my SHORT block w/ getting dealer pricing on my parts.

GE Sleeves
CP Pistons
Crower Rods
ACL Race Bearings
OEM water pump
OEM Oil Pump
KS Balance shaft elimination
etc etc.. thats not including my own labor

slowrider87

Reaction score
Edited out because i'm an *** and really didn't think any of it through when i posted. My apologies, to EmMinODaGreaT.

Last edited:

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
lol, if they have the money... let em spend it. they're only helping the economy financially.

lol.... yeah. i'll accept a 15 sec 1/4 as long as i have the comfort of knowing i built the motor with my bare hands, get to listen to it spool, and can learn what needs to be done differently next time around. and i'll do it all with my OEM backseats in.

standing on the corner selling your anus for blow then turning around and sucking your daddy's di(k doesn't really count as working you a$$ off.

congratulations for bragging about your so called accomplishments in a thread that no one actually takes seriously... Bravo!

Dealer pricing = your a sucker
3k shortblock = you have no mechanical knowledge, friends or hookups
The bolded text = the same goals as 4 out of five people that plan on boosting
This post = I'm a dick... deal with it

Does this post make you feel better about yourself? I hope it does. As for me, you obviously know nothing about me or what I do/have done, so it really doesn't bug me.

Here is a breakdown for when you hope to build your own motor with your own bare hands, just like I did. Hopefully you'll have enough money.

Golden eagle sleeving with wholesale pricing since I am a dealer for them, is 1300 for an h/f with a final bore and hone. This includes shipping
125 for a balance shaft elimination kit (I got free shipping)
680 for the Crower rods from another vendor of mine
510 for CP pistons from the same vendor w/ rings
125 for ACL race bearings
250 for oil pump / seals / etc

So what you failed to get out of this post that is unless you don't sleeve your block (which really isn't 100% necessary, I did it so it would be done and I wouldn't have to worry when I cranked the boost up) you would spend around 3k just in parts for your bottom end alone.

Now that we have gone there, the average person on this site (probably like yourself) won't be able to do the things that I can with my car, IE tune it on my dyno, fabricate all the proper turbo components, assemble the motor, install motor etc.

So there is where you get into more money, If you have to pay someone. Also factor in other things like having the chassis, and a GOOD turbo kit is going to be another 2k for a good chassis and 3k for good turbo setup. SO like I stated before in an effort to make this man realize 10k doesn't really go far when you start with nothing, especially if you buy new parts.

Will I brag about what I built? Yes, simply because I can.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
lol, if they have the money... let em spend it. they're only helping the economy financially.

lol.... yeah. i'll accept a 15 sec 1/4 as long as i hav

Does this post make you feel better about yourself? I hope it does. As for me, you obviously know nothing about me or what I do/have done, so it really doesn't bug me.

Here is a breakdown for when you hope to build your own motor with your own bare hands, just like I did. Hopefully you'll have enough money.

Golden eagle sleeving with wholesale pricing since I am a dealer for them, is 1300 for an h/f with a final bore and hone. This includes shipping

So what you failed to get out of this post that is unless you don't sleeve your block (which really isn't 100% necessary, I did it so it would be done and I wouldn't have to worry when I cranked the boost up) you would spend around 3k just in parts for your bottom end alone.

Now that we have gone there, the average person on this site (probably like yourself) won't be able to do the things that I can with my car, IE tune it on my dyno, fabricate all the proper turbo components, assemble the motor, install motor etc.

So there is where you get into more money, If you have to pay someone. Also factor in other things like having the chassis, and a GOOD turbo kit is going to be another 2k for a good chassis and 3k for good turbo setup. SO like I stated before in an effort to make this man realize 10k doesn't really go far when you start with nothing, especially if you buy new parts.

This.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

slowrider87

Reaction score

actually... no it doesn't. re-reading that post actually just taught myself a little something more about myself and alcohol. yeah yeah yeah. most will say "thats no excuse" but tell me one person who doesn't say some dumb sh*t once in a while after drinking then you can tell me that. even a poor excuse is still an excuse. i make dumb mistakes and always regret it later. there have been others on this site that have had personal encounters with me feeling a little guilty after being a jackass. i guess this is another one of those times.

You're right. i don't know you. And i'm man enough to admit that my post was rude and inconsiderate of your trade and talents, and for that i apologize.

As for the bolded, just let it be known that i'm not as stupid as i make myself look sometimes. i don't have ALL the resources that you have. but i do have some. I won't sit here and tell the things i do know and don't because both those lists are extensive. but one thing. i know cars fairly well and have dedicated my education to learning even more about them. I'm aware of how far I can make 10k go.

So if you want to brag, by all means do. You appear to have earned those rights. But just because i made a jackass post, please don't doubt my intelligence. We all have room for improvement in some areas. I'm young, and have plenty of time to do so.

Last edited:

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
actually... no it doesn't. re-reading that post actually just taught myself a little something more about myself and alcohol. yeah yeah yeah. most will say "thats no excuse" but tell me one person who doesn't say some dumb sh*t once in a while after drinking then you can tell me that. even a poor excuse is still an excuse. i make dumb mistakes and always regret it later. there have been others on this site that have had personal encounters with me feeling a little guilty after being a jackass. i guess this is another one of those times.

You're right. i don't know you. And i'm man enough to admit that my post was rude and inconsiderate of your trade and talents, and for that i apologize.

As for the bolded, just let it be known that i'm not as stupid as i make myself look sometimes. i don't have ALL the resources that you have. but i do have some. I won't sit here and tell the things i do know and don't because both those lists are extensive. but one thing. i know cars fairly well and have dedicated my education to learning even more about them. I'm aware of how far I can make 10k go.

So if you want to brag, by all means do. You appear to have earned those rights. But just because i made a jackass post, please don't doubt my intelligence. We all have room for improvement in some areas. I'm young, and have plenty of time to do so.

I am actually suprised by this response, because I can probably say this is the first time anyone has not continued arguing with a wall. :beer2:

I agree you can make 10k go pretty far, but not if you have to pay someone to do the physical work that may cost anywhere from 75-100/hr.

Back