Very strange fuel related problem.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Look on you vin plate at the windshield, if there is a notch/noticeable dent in there the odds of the switch being replaced are good. Since there is a recal for it, id start woth getting that done from honda for free. Since theres not fuel smell, barely an exhaust smell and little else pointing to the fuel system, best bet is either dizzy or ignition switch.

I don't see any type of notch or anything on the VIN plate.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Look on you vin plate at the windshield, if there is a notch/noticeable dent in there the odds of the switch being replaced are good. Since there is a recal for it, id start woth getting that done from honda for free. Since theres not fuel smell, barely an exhaust smell and little else pointing to the fuel system, best bet is either dizzy or ignition switch.

Not all dealers punch the pin-dent unfortunately. Nevertheless if you a complain nicely long enough they should do it for free even if its the second/third time around.

If your car does have any aftermarket alarm/starter installed however they will cut its wires and claim they can't rehook them as its not OEM(at least my dealer did)

If you have nothing wiring on the ignition switch it is literally a 30min job.

PS. Get a better dashcam
http://dx.com/p/2-5-lcd-high-resolu...-camcorder-with-sd-card-slot-wide-angle-35356
:darryl:

Last edited:

Frisky Arab

Reaction score

001Stunna

Reaction score
Yeah I saw the DIY on the master list. If the dealer will do it free i'll hop on that, but if not I'll weigh my options and probably just do it myself. Lol my dashcam is fine. Only complaint I have is the sound quality.

For 50$ you could have 720p quality, not 1980s quality :skurred:

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Went to Honda today, no open recalls available for my car. Looks like I'm doin the work myself. Not like its hard, but my broke a$$ would've rather avoided paying for new parts. Its hard ballin' on a budget. Really hoping that after a new ignition switch and main relay my problems are over with.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Went to Honda today, no open recalls available for my car. Looks like I'm doin the work myself. Not like its hard, but my broke a$$ would've rather avoided paying for new parts. Its hard ballin' on a budget. Really hoping that after a new ignition switch and main relay my problems are over with.

Do ignition switch first then retest...why buy the main relay if you might not have to.

Personally i've found the cheapest prices on hondapartscheap.com

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Will do. To be honest with you I couldn't even find the main relay today. I bet its right in front of my face and I'm missing it. And also, the guy at the dealership said to start the car and wiggle the ignition and I would be able to tell if its bad. How much of this is truth?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Will do. To be honest with you I couldn't even find the main relay today. I bet its right in front of my face and I'm missing it. And also, the guy at the dealership said to start the car and wiggle the ignition and I would be able to tell if its bad. How much of this is truth?

Somewhat true yes...mine would turn off if the key was too far back when in the on position(2nd position). In addition at times when turning from Full OFF to 2nd position at times it wouldn't catch...and i'd have to redo it for the gauge lights etc to come on.

That being said...on me testing it about 20 times it only failed twice and twice while I was driving. That was enough reason for me to change it.

Back