Transmission issue?

domonas

Reaction score
2000 Accord SE, 4 cyl, 170k miles. Going from 1st to 2nd, my engine revs and sometimes kicks before shifting to 2nd. Nothing like that happens once I get past 1st gear. I checked transmission fluid level and the level is good and is reddish in color. I didn't know about this forum and had my fluid flushed several years ago (best guess maybe 50k miles or so ago) at jiffy lube. I cannot say for sure if this transmission issue happened before or after the flush.

I'm no gear head, but I'm willing to learn and try things, so I'll try my best to answer any further questions. Thanks for any input!

JDM-CF9

Reaction score
My first transmission had a similar problem my fix was a oil cooler, Lube guard black bottle,
and two bottles of gunk trans grip. Millage was 190k.

The engine ended up giving out on me about 6 months later so I did a complete H23a swap
and had a problem where the tranny was shifting very rough. Turned out to be a damaged
solenoid. Hope this Helps...

domonas

Reaction score
My first transmission had a similar problem my fix was a oil cooler, Lube guard black bottle,
and two bottles of gunk trans grip. Millage was 190k.

The engine ended up giving out on me about 6 months later so I did a complete H23a swap
and had a problem where the tranny was shifting very rough. Turned out to be a damaged
solenoid. Hope this Helps...

Solenoids an easy fix?

JDM-CF9

Reaction score
Mines was damaged during swap it looked like, so I just replaced it with the one from my previous transmission. I can just speak of my experience but am not sure if these would normally go bad...

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Sounds like your torque converter took a dump. Itll be time for a new trans soon.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Hopefully you dont have a P0470 code, thats your torque converter, if that code pops up you'll need a new trans. It would be good to swap a 5spd in there.

domonas

Reaction score

Nothing to update. I'll have to take it to the shop to see if they can diagnose what's going on. I have no check engine light or anything. Just that poor shift from 1st to 2nd, sometimes rattles into 2nd gear. No other problems besides that.

I've asked friends and co workers, some say do drain & fill, some say change spark plugs, etc. So many possible answers.

Back