Diy: Cold Cathode rear L plate

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
:goyou:

how is there more than one way to connect the positive and negative spliced ends...there is nothing different about this other than the pictures.

are you serious? the way he did it is sooo ****ty. he shouldve at least used butt connectors. twisting the wires together and covering them in electrical tape is so ghetto its ridiculous.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
are you serious? the way he did it is sooo ****ty. he shouldve at least used butt connectors. twisting the wires together and covering them in electrical tape is so ghetto its ridiculous.

It's the poor man's way andy... :jae:

haha Nice write up though lem! Did you ever get those F2's?

Millz

Reaction score
i like the 2 cathodes instead of one, i think the lexus has a similar set up no?

woulda ran it a bit differently, but hey if it works it works i guess

not gonna run into any issues when washing ur car?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Bit OT but does anyone know what the weight behind the grey cover (centre back of the bootlid) is for??
lemon017-1.jpg

It's a counter balance for the trunk lid.

Not too bad, YL. It's a different way than what I have seen done, but the end result looks the same.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looks good. Your writeup could use details like how you mounted the tubes, and saying where exactly you mounted the inverter, etc. Nice though, good job!

Plutonium Jones

Reaction score

...if that was a problem id hate for you to look behind my CD player...however its effective

Lemon, you've given me an idea for a xmas present for my car :p

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Looks good Lemmie, but tow things I would have done differently......

1. I would have used those blade/snapdown wire connectors so that I wasn't cutting off the existing bulb plug so if I wanted to go back to stock I could without splicing the plugs back on.

2. Use rubbing alcohol to clean your surfaces. The stuff you used has wax in it, and when the wax breaks down eventually the tubes are going to come un-stuck.

Back