Sluggish Engine

99F23VTech

Reaction score
I am having some serious issues with my car. Awhile back i got a CEL for the 02 sensor/cat. I heard some rattle in the cat haven't been able to pull it off yet, car ran okay even with the CEL.. Well a few weeks down the line my car is nearly gutless...

I am unable to rev past 3k rpm's even without a load. With a load i am able to get up to 40mph in 5th gear but wont go any further in 1st 2nd or 3rd i can barely reach 25 mph. If i try to rev past 3k rpms the engine shakes and once i let it down to idle it will die...

Possible problem:

Cats Plugged
(not sure of anything else)

If anyone could shed some light on the situation i really need it. If you have had a similar problem and you were able to fix it that would be great.

Thanks

99F23VTech

Reaction score
So you think for sure its the cat? I am going to try to pound all the honey comb crap out and see if that does a thing. (No emissions where i come from)

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, its probably the cat being clogged. ever since i got my new cat a couple weeks ago, i definitely noticed that the car runs better than it did.

jwong512

Reaction score
Usually when the cat is clogged, how would you go about cleaning it? Would Seafoaming your car clean it?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Usually when the cat is clogged, how would you go about cleaning it? Would Seafoaming your car clean it?

No, because there are actually metal peices in the cat that are broken up. It looks like a honey comb in the cat. If I was the OP, I would just gut it out and buy an O2 fouler for $40. It gives u little more power and no CEL. Pluss its much cheaper than buying another cat.

But dont tell al gore about this.

jwong512

Reaction score
No, because there are actually metal peices in the cat that are broken up. It looks like a honey comb in the cat. If I was the OP, I would just gut it out and buy an O2 fouler for $40. It gives u little more power and no CEL. Pluss its much cheaper than buying another cat.

But dont tell al gore about this.

OH! How does that usually happen?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

the fouler trick wont make his cat unclogged. thus, his car will still run like dick and hell be out $40.

i got my cat from napa. its nothing great, but it was cheap and immediately available.

Back