F20B DOHC VTEC Engine Swap?!?!?!

JonWiLL

Reaction score
While i was searching for a manual trans, i found a F20B DOHC VTEC Engine, it says its for accords 97-01, sounds stupid but i was wondering if it can fit in our cars, i have a 99 btw, and if swapping this motor would even be worth it. im planning on forced induction later on, so you guys think this motor is any good? has anyone tried it, i searched it but nothing came up

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3432/3889460090_a4881a23f2.jpg

Drift

Reaction score
ehh everyone i know that owns an accord by me wants a h series swap. i dont follow the crowd lol. and besides i can get this motor for less than a h22

Ok, Well its the same motor as the h22 with less displacement, less power and less torque!

Have fun being different!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
ehh everyone i know that owns an accord by me wants a h series swap. i dont follow the crowd lol. and besides i can get this motor for less than a h22

Accords are too heavy. Do a Euro R H22 220hp stock.

I believe honda made that motor from a de-stroked h22 to compete in the 2.0l class races.

meximan16

Reaction score
just go h, your not following the crowd if you do it your way. not alot of 6th gens have h's. as long as you do it right you'll get props from me, and alot of others

acedomain

Reaction score
go h man ....listen to them ...if you want to be diff. from your friends do a bluetop h23 ...but goodluck with finding parts for it i here its hard but their are ppl who have done it and been successful or keep the f and boost it....its really on you at the end you will be the driver and the one who has to be happy about their ride soo....do you

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Why do people have to put 6 exclamation points/question marks behind the title? Reminds me of those annoying craigslist ads... 2003 Acura TL 3.2!!!!!!!!!!!! Like that car is THAT special.

OP if the purpose of your swap is to be different rather than make more power, I would go with the F. I have to disagree, I constantly hear about 6GA's with H series motors on this site, they are everywhere. But I am guessing there aren't alot where you live, so the car would still be different if you do go H.

Back