black house illegal?

CHID0

Reaction score
OP just go to a different spot and i'm sure you'll pass. All that visual inspection stuff is to the discretion of the one administering the test. One spot wouldn't pass me cause of my drop, i went to another spot and they guy there reluctantly passed me.

I love Florida. No stupid "testings" and "emissions" and whatnot, lol.

I was amazed by this when i was down there. I wondered, "where the Fudge are the inspection stickers mounted?" Come to find out there are no emissions or inspections and no tint laws....INSANE!!!

Crono139

Reaction score
My headlights with a blackhousing passed at the DMV.

They failed me for the eyebrows, though.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
OP your lights are illegal. FDOT law says that there has to be an amber reflector on each side of the front of your car. Judging by your sig pic, it looks like you removed yours. If you would have left the amber piece in the corner, technically they would still be legal.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I was amazed by this when i was down there. I wondered, "where the Fudge are the inspection stickers mounted?" Come to find out there are no emissions or inspections and no tint laws....INSANE!!!

All of this is right, but there are tint laws. Anything less than 30% is illegal.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
so Justin, if I were to put in clear strips and take out the amber ones on the bottom would that be just as illegal?

I mean you have to be within like 20 feet of my car to see that there's even an orange strip there, so seems kind of silly.

any further away and the headlights just look completely blacked out.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Yeah it would, but if you took out the amber strip in the front of the light, and left the amber piece in the corner, it would technically still be legal.

Simply put, there has to be something to emit light or for light to reflect off of on the side of the car (Red rear, amber front). That's why sedans don't have rear side markers, because the tail lights wrap around to the side of the car, whereas the coupes don't.

Ralphie

Reaction score
Ya it is def illegal.

That's what the DOT stamp on your headlight signifies.

Everything is tested and approved for use on US roads.

And remember, driving is not a right its a privileged.

Don't get me started on why he failed him, im sure him feeding his family means more to him then cool points with a local tuner.

If he passes him with an illegal modification and then he goes out and kills someone because they didn't know he was turning, while its a stretch it can come down on the passing shop.

Just the way the world is, there are rules and you can bend them but when you bend it to far and it breaks, don't complain.

Back