sm1ke's 1999 Accord Coupe EX V6 **NOT 56k friendly**

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Oops, I kinda forgot about this thread lol. Thanks for the comments :)

Some updates, I broke my front lip so i"ll be taking it off pretty soon. It's being held together with 2 pieces of electrical tape, lol. Picked up a front and rear Benen tow hook set from Kiet on V6P, only have the rear installed. The paint on the rear hook is fading, so I'll probably get it powdercoated next year or something.

Still workin on finding the time to take apart my headlights, clean them, install the CCFL rings and seal them up well. Also still have to paint my CF eyelids and apply them, but I'll do that once I'm satisfied with the headlights and don't have to open them up again.

Don't have any new pics, and since winter is fast approaching I'll be raising the car about 2" and putting my all-seasons back on. Question for you guys: do you think I should sell my all-seasons and buy some winter tires? I don't drive like I would need winter tires, but they would be nice to have. I just don't know if it's worth the hassle. I've driven 4 years in the winter and I have yet to get stuck, or get into an accident that was my fault. What do you guys think?

Btw, Nitto NeoGens are horrible for a wet climate. They wear great, and they're good for daily driving on dry pavement, but they suck balls in the rain. Just fyi :)

Also, quick update on the AMR suspension: F*cking awesome. Performing exactly the same as the first day I put them on. It's only been about two months, but they show no signs of failure or anything. I may end up using the AMRs during the winter if I can't scrape up the cash for some replacement rear shocks (my OEM ones are done), and if I do, I'll report in with how they handle my salty roads and -35 degree Celsius weather. But let's not hope that it comes to that, lol.

Last edited:

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Hey guys. Not sure if anyone is still running their AV6 but I found the custom end link brackets that NVA_AV6 made me in my garage, I guess I never ended up installing them. If anyone needs them, just let me know. I also have a full set of OEM black carpet mats in brand new condition.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
What are custom end link brackets, and what are they for?

Not sure why I never got a notification for this, lol. Sorry for the extremely late reply.

I didn't remember at first, but I went to the first page and luckily I explained it there.

"Also, the rear shock body (of the AMR coilovers) does touch the end links, so I have a little extra noise in the rear right now, but I have a set of custom end link brackets coming from NVA-AV6 that will remedy that problem."

I got the end links, but never got around to installing them because I traded the car in for an 08 IS250 AWD.

I don't know if I still have them.. I may have thrown them out. Still have the mats though.

Back