D4 Light Bulb

nhldogg

Reaction score
Okay so when I shift my car into D4 the green ring that is normally illuminated around the gear does not light up. I took apart my gauge cluster and took out the bulb for the D4 light. The back of the bulb says T5 and it is one of the twist type bulbs. Could anybody tell me an exact size for this bulb?

Bax

Reaction score
Just swap it out for your Maintenance Req'd bulb.

nhldogg

Reaction score
I believe they are different sizes but I will probably just end up switching around the D4 and the D1 bulbs.

Bax

Reaction score
I think they should be the same size. I had to swap out my Maint Req'd bulb into my blinker because I blew it and didn't want to buy a new one. haha

IMO, its not worth buying a new bulb, when you could easily just swap it out of another indicator that you never use.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
I know the Park-Reverse-Neutral-Drive lights are smaller than the maintenance required, turn signals, check engine cluster lights, etc. They're a different bulb.

crossfire

Reaction score
Replace it with an LED and solder in a 470ohm resistor. I replaced all my gear indicators this way and it looks awesome! I soldered everything and then hot glued the LED into the base and leave the resistor hanging out.

nhldogg

Reaction score
I wanted to do an LED but I don't want to have to solder or glue anything. That is why I wanted to know a size. Anyone have a diagram of the gauge cluster?

Bax

Reaction score
I know the Park-Reverse-Neutral-Drive lights are smaller than the maintenance required, turn signals, check engine cluster lights, etc. They're a different bulb.
:thumbsup: I couldn't remember. lol
Replace it with an LED and solder in a 470ohm resistor. I replaced all my gear indicators this way and it looks awesome! I soldered everything and then hot glued the LED into the base and leave the resistor hanging out.
Did you leave the green and red colors on the indicators? or did you take those off?

And did you sand down the tip of the led? or leave it rounded off?
I wanted to do an LED but I don't want to have to solder or glue anything. That is why I wanted to know a size. Anyone have a diagram of the gauge cluster?
You should do the leds if you want to. It's not too hard.

crossfire

Reaction score
:thumbsup: I couldn't remember. lol

Did you leave the green and red colors on the indicators? or did you take those off?

And did you sand down the tip of the led? or leave it rounded off?

You should do the leds if you want to. It's not too hard.
I left the red I think. I changed all the green to blue. You don't need to sand the LEDs because the whole indicator is in the hotspot so it's even and bright without sanding.

Back