New at this!

Dat99accord

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a white 1999 Accord Coupe Ex (V6) and I am planning to lower my car, however I can't really decide what to get.

Since I'm on a tight budget, I was planning to get some eibach springs which would give me about 1.5 drop. Add on some 04 TL rims and be done.

However on the flip side, I've been reading through the forums and many of you guys suggest to just save up and get coilovers. However after asking one of my buddies, he told me that if I do get the coilovers, I would need a ton of other stuff (camberkit, spacers.. etc) and to be ready to spend about 1 grand.

So.. I don't really know what to do haha.
Any Suggestions?
please list the things I would need if I do get the coilovers and the estimated price per item. Thanks!

Deeply appreciated :)

Last edited:

Darianjr1

Reaction score
You will only need spacers to make the TL wheels look flush. However are mod friendly cars only cause for coilovers. You will need to get an alignment however, and look the the suspension product revview forum to see many prices of different coilover brands. A camber kit only helps you dial in specific camber degrees you want to run, but as I stated before the coils will give you camber as you drop the car.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You should go with coilovers, but if you are intent on springs, I have a set of Sportline springs available.

ejreams

Reaction score
Most people do have to get camber kits if they want to go fairly low.
We generally don't need them, my friend has a civic coupe and tried to warn me that I'd need them. Pffff

It depends on how low you go but TL's sit fairly flush if you're at 1.5 inches no?
I could be wrong but I know they're pretty damn flush on my car.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Springs & colilovers have different type of pros & cons.

Springs (Pros):
-Cheeper than coilovers
-Drop mesurements are permanent (no inspection needed for balancing the height)

(Cons):
-Will blow shock absorbers if dropped only with springs
-Can't raise the height (i.e. preping for winter time)
-----------
Coilovers (Pros):
-Can adjust your height in your preference
-Adjustable damping force (ride quality) if choosing the one that does

(Cons):
-More expensive than springs
-Ideally, it's necessary to inspect ride height & torque spec of every collars, once every 3~4 mon. (Not hassle free when compared with springs.)

Hope this helps, and gl with your choice!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Definitely recommend shocks with adjustable coilover sleeves, or full coilovers.

Springs and aftermarket shocks ride great, I've been using Yellows and Sportlines for a long time and I love them. But I do prefer more height adjustability.

001Stunna

Reaction score
If you know for sure you'll be happy with the 1.5" drop and won't be itching to go lower after then you can opt for the springs.

Personally i'd say you've waited till now...wait a bit longer and get coilovers. Do your homework and decide what to get keeping in mind some coilovers have height restrictions in terms of max/min amount of lowering.

No matter what you get you will need to get an alignment afterwards.

Spacers, camber kit etc are all optional and pending if you want/need them or not.

I'd say before buying anything give your suspension a shake down first and fix any issues you might have already with worn ball joints/tie rods/end links/bushings etc.

This way you know the coilovers/springs are going in with everything else been in proper working condition.

Hey guys, I have a white 1999 Accord Coupe Ex (V6) and I am planning to lower my car, however I can't really decide what to get.

Since I'm on a tight budget, I was planning to get some eibach springs which would give me about 1.5 drop. Add on some 04 TL rims and be done.

However on the flip side, I've been reading through the forums and many of you guys suggest to just save up and get coilovers. However after asking one of my buddies, he told me that if I do get the coilovers, I would need a ton of other stuff (camberkit, spacers.. etc) and to be ready to spend about 1 grand.

So.. I don't really know what to do haha.
Any Suggestions?
please list the things I would need if I do get the coilovers and the estimated price per item. Thanks!

Deeply appreciated :)

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
If you want to lower your car, do it right with coils. Or just spend $600 bucks on something else haha

akoutmos

Reaction score
Coilovers are the way to go. As long as you aren't going too low you won't need camber correction. Get an alignment and you should be fine.

I have a set of AMR coilovers btw if you are interested :naughty:

Back