Front 6.5" Speaker installation (doors)

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ahh, those should fit. looks like a pretty good price too. the only thing id be concerned about is the power handling. unless you can put 100w rms into em, you might have some issues with distortion. having such a broad (10-100 watts) powerband is one speaker trait i avoid, especially down to 10w. but, polks are engineered fairly well, so this shouldnt be a problem unless you underpower them and then crank up the volume into distortion. pretty solid seller as well--good find.

clevengercm

Reaction score
yea, looking to put a 4 way to all my speakers...maybe next payday.. ;)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
liftring? psh. just cut out a circular baffle from any piece of scrap wood you have lying around.

Browntown

Reaction score
Wildman said:
liftring? psh. just cut out a circular baffle from any piece of scrap wood you have lying around.

well that too..... I was just referring to the concept. And I don't think it would be much fun trying to cut a ring out of scrap wood with the tools (if they even qualify) that I have.:eek:

Quinchu

Reaction score
I didn't read all the way through this topic, but I just wanted to point out..

On the 99 EX V6, Step 5 is off.

You actually have to remove the door to access the connections on the back of the instrument panel. I was doing this a couple of days ago, and went to double check if I could remove the leather, and then remove the panel like that, but I needed to remove the door to unplug all the crap.

I'll get some pics if you need a refrence ^^.

PsychoPilot

Reaction score
After installation my drivers side door controls won't seat right. Its all lined up but there is a gap between the fake wood trim and the door panel right where the window controls are. The snaps are in place but they just aren't snapping.

PsychoPilot

Reaction score
Yes. The screw hole was lined up and handle sat flush on the bracket. It seems that everything is in the right place but the wood trim just doesn't follow the contour of the door. I never looked at it as closely before so its possible that it always was like that.

Back