painting car... opinions

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
ok well my car is heavily sun damaged on the hood and some on the roof of the car. My car right now is green, but i want to paint it black. I know this is gonna be expensive but what should i do, i was thinking of just getting the exterior painted and not getting the door jams and under the hood painted, or is that kinda rice? Should i just leave it green?? I'm in SoCal (626) any good paint shops? I'm looking to spend about 800.

just give me your thoughts

accord3.jpg

botang47

Reaction score
I know it's not what you want to hear, but $800 won't give you a decent paint job. Prices vary from place to place, but unless you have connections, you'll be spending around $2k for a job. Don't cheap out on paint, cause when it starts to chip and what not, you're just gonna have to spend more to get it repainted again.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
I know it's not what you want to hear, but $800 won't give you a decent paint job. Prices vary from place to place, but unless you have connections, you'll be spending around $2k for a job. Don't cheap out on paint, cause when it starts to chip and what not, you're just gonna have to spend more to get it repainted again.

well is 800 enough to keep it green? black would be nice, but i'll settle for green.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
green or black, repainting a whole car is gonna cost way more than $800.... $800 could prob get u a one day paint job at maaco, and it would look nice for abt a month before it starts peeling off...

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
all right any ideas on spot treatment, see the areas on the hood could i just get another clear coat put on, or does everything have to be repainted??

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if u wanna repaint just the hood, i'll say abt $250-300 ish for a quality job

or get a cf hood

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
well a cf hood would be fun, but unfortunately it also spread to the roof too

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
DIY...easy to do..I painted my car myself.and with it being such a dark green,the color should match very decent if just painting the hood and roof.

but yes from a bodyman, a DECENT paintjob starts at 2k. from a reputable shop that will take windows out,de-trim everything.instead of taping it off and scuffing the car.
im not sure about your location,but Sprayglo does cheap decent work,better than macco. but itl cost 1000 or so from them..and they tape everything off.so just an idea to think about.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Paint it yourself, if there is minimal body damage u can do it yourself. Google "how to paint a car" and u will learn its not "that" hard, u just need a good touch.

I can tell you right now, u dont want black. Its the hardest to maintain, probably the easiest paint to fuk up. Everything shows up in black paint, orange peal, fish eyes...paint run....non the less its the hardest to maintain. I need to buff mine every couple months just to keep up with the water stains.

Im gonna repaint mine silver. Im not going with a 1 stage paint, I want a base color coat and then clear coat so the paint looks thick and shiny!

Back