black houseing

MNAccord98

Reaction score
'URGENT', because........:coffee:
because my lights are off my car so i can not drive it, and the only other person with a car is going to work soon. i dunno didnt think i should make a brand new topic in detailing. you could always just answer, i can promise it does a lot more than being sarcastic.

also Car won't start, "or having another issue and hoping for an answer right away?" Post in here for the quickest response. see that middle part?

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
No sarcasm in my post, it was just a question.

You should use paint meant for plastic, so if the paint in question is Krylon Plastic paint, you will be fine.

If not, you will need to sand down the surface you are planning to paint, with very fine grit sandpaper, so as to make the headlight housing more adhesive for the paint.

I would also suggest using a primer as well, if you aren't using a plastic paint.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Search would have yielded you a quicker answer than anything posted in here so far.

If you read the rules for this subforum, then you would have also known to add the reason for urgency in the OP.

001Stunna

Reaction score
OP, ideally you want to use paint made for plastic that is labeled as either all weather or outdoor/indoor. Using a high heat paint can be a positive.
Sanding the bezels is not a must but if done can yield better results and offer increased life on the final product. Use 800-1000-2000 to sand...do not go too rough.

I did mine in flat black and like it.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg200/scaled.php?server=200&filename=img0103lr.jpg&res=landing
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg807/scaled.php?server=807&filename=img0183b.jpg&res=landing

You can check my MR thread for more (click the pic in my sig)

Last edited:
Back