Midnight, 2000 EX-V6 Coupe (56K)

Connie

Reaction score
I picked this thing up a few weeks ago for the princely sum of $800.
It had been sideswiped and has damage on the passenger side fender, and the passenger side mirror was missing, and it leaked gas (tank) and power steering fluid (return line @ rack). Other than that, it's in excellent shape.

Have the mirror fixed, and almost finished with the gas tank. I have a spare fender, but it's silver like the mirror, so I'll probably rattle can it black until I can find a good used black fender and mirror. Or just leave it silver, lol. There's not very much rust on the car, just a little starting at the driver's side rear wheel well and a small bubble halfway up the driver's door.

This was supposed to be a parts car, but it looks like it's going to be what my girlfriend drives for the summer as well as my backup daily for when Connie (white 02 V6coupe) is down.

It is completely stock in every way and was old lady driven up until I bought it. It even came with new pads and rotors all the way around and the tires are a year old at the most. Awesome for what I paid!

Here's a few pics, they aren't the greatest as the car is currently in the middle of gas tank replacement. I'll post some better ones once the tank and power steering is fixed and I can move it back outside.

Just got the fender, gas tank, power steering line, and mirror done; then took it through a car wash. The clear coat is pretty ruined and the fender and mirror I rattle-canned doesn't have the same shine. But still looking pretty good for an $800 car! Here are some new pics.

Last edited:

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
$800 what a steal, it's not really in "that" bad of shape, especially for a parts car and other then what you stated was wrong, how does the interior look?

As far as the fender replacement and passenger mirror in silver, I like the idea of painting them black in the mean time to slightly blend the color of the car a little more and not rock so much of the "Crayola box" look if you will lol

But then again, who cares what other people think so long as you are satisfied with it in the mean time you know?

It really comes down to making the lady behind the wheel at least content while she is going down the road , and I know if it was my wife I'd be out there masking it in black till paint could be afforded one day,(Paint is pricey) because she is still a girl who likes fashion & "colors that match". Hahaha :)

Connie

Reaction score
$800 what a steal, it's not really in "that" bad of shape, especially for a parts car and other then what you stated was wrong, how does the interior look?

As far as the fender replacement and passenger mirror in silver, I like the idea of painting them black in the mean time to slightly blend the color of the car a little more and not rock so much of the "Crayola box" look if you will lol

But then again, who cares what other people think so long as you are satisfied with it in the mean time you know?

It really comes down to making the lady behind the wheel at least content while she is going down the road , and I know if it was my wife I'd be out there masking it in black till paint could be afforded one day,(Paint is pricey) because she is still a girl who likes fashion & "colors that match". Hahaha :)

$596.44 US lol

The interior is actually really nice. I'll take some pics when I'm not at work and post them when I have time. I cleaned up under the hood a bit too last night, so I'll take new pics as soon as I can.

My girlfriend is pretty cool; she drives Connie when I'm not using her and says she loves how it looks. And how people laugh at it. She wouldn't care if the fenders were orange or bright green; I probably care more than she does. I'll probably bust out the TremClad in the back yard in a few weeks once it warms up a little bit more, but first I need to put some miles on it and see how everything else is. Cosmetics can wait until then.

Last edited:

Accordx

Reaction score
Damn $800 and it runs decently, wish I could find a deal like that around where I am. Congrats on the new parts car/backup/girlfriend's car haha.

Connie

Reaction score
Damn $800 and it runs decently, wish I could find a deal like that around where I am. Congrats on the new parts car/backup/girlfriend's car haha.

Thanks man.
I picked up 3 of these cars over the last 2 months for $1400 total. The silver coupe with front end damage was $200 and the green sedan with no gas tank was $400. I paid $600 for Connie 4 years ago. I found them all on Kijiji (like Canadian Craigslist). I'm sure there are lots of them around, just be vigilant and have a CAA/AAA membership so you don't have to pay for a tow truck :waytogo:

Accordx

Reaction score
Thanks man.
I picked up 3 of these cars over the last 2 months for $1400 total. The silver coupe with front end damage was $200 and the green sedan with no gas tank was $400. I paid $600 for Connie 4 years ago. I found them all on Kijiji (like Canadian Craigslist). I'm sure there are lots of them around, just be vigilant and have a CAA/AAA membership so you don't have to pay for a tow truck :waytogo:

Haha the old tow strap gets a little sketchy when you got parts hanging off the car, tow truck is a good idea. I've been looking for a decent silver coupe so I can put its passenger door on my silver coupe but nothing for the right price. Might go to the local junkyard today and see what I can find :thumbsup:

Connie

Reaction score
Haha the old tow strap gets a little sketchy when you got parts hanging off the car, tow truck is a good idea. I've been looking for a decent silver coupe so I can put its passenger door on my silver coupe but nothing for the right price. Might go to the local junkyard today and see what I can find :thumbsup:

My coupe parts car has a good silver passenger door, and you're not THAT far lol.

Lots of them popping up in the yards this spring, you'll probably find what you need. I think all of the gas tanks rusted out at the same time or something. :shrug:

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
$596.44 US lol

The interior is actually really nice. I'll take some pics when I'm not at work and post them when I have time. I cleaned up under the hood a bit too last night, so I'll take new pics as soon as I can.

My girlfriend is pretty cool; she drives Connie when I'm not using her and says she loves how it looks. And how people laugh at it. She wouldn't care if the fenders were orange or bright green; I probably care more than she does. I'll probably bust out the TremClad in the back yard in a few weeks once it warms up a little bit more, but first I need to put some miles on it and see how everything else is. Cosmetics can wait until then.

I bet under the hood looks much better now, as far as the people who laugh at it .Do not worry as you will have the last laugh while they are bleeding their money dry to mechanics and car payments ;)

It's really cool your girl is relaxed in the sense she could care less what people think, I've been trying to adopt that attitude myself and just care more about taking pride in my car work.

I agree about getting some miles on it and figuring out what else needs to be brought up to speed as far as maintenance/ replacement parts.
If there is one thing I know is true about cars, time will tell it's true state of condition.:waytogo:

Back