LED tail idea, looking for opinions.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Well, I eventually wanna replace my factory taillights because 1. They're ugly and 2. They're ugly. I'm thinking of going with the Depo blackhouse taillights to go with my black-out theme on the car, but I wanna know if anybody has (or if it would be possible) to in addition replace my factory bulbs with LEDs, so that I would have blackhousing, LED, taillights.

These are the assemblies"m talkng about:

ALTEZZA_ACCORD98_BLACK.jpg

I know they are Alzettas and they'd probably get me flamed to death off this forum, but I'm thinking of replacing the facotry bulbs with these:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html#7440/43

Would that work? Would it look fresh / unique without being too rice? Or does the fact that they are Alzettas instantly make them uncool?

Or should I bite the bullet and get the red / clear factory-style LED tails? I don't wanna have the same crap as everybody else, but I don't wanna go too ricey with it.

dynasty

Reaction score
it wouldn't make a big differences. it's still altezza. what i would do with altezza is paint the whole lens red. but i still think it'll look ugly with those LED bulbs on the altezza. i have LED on my red/clear and it looks bomb. i would suggest red/clear or stock with tinted signal/reverse lights.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I really wanted something with black in it to go with my black theme, but not to the point of it being ricey... my stockers are just, old and pinky. So the $150 Depo LEDs is the way to go I take it...

ccordex00

Reaction score
red and clear dude, they look pretty good, then get an orange bulb for the turn signal and ur good to go....

ccordex00

Reaction score
Cause the bulb is white then ur turn signal will not be orange, in socal popos can give u crap if u have different colors

cliffsta

Reaction score
OH ok I think I get it now. Should I get an LED for the turn signal, too? Or just a regular orange bulb?

Back