Front Bumper Mod

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those interested, stopping by the shop tomorrow, as it's on the way to work, will grab some more pics of the progress.

For those in the GTA area, interested in cost, its going to be close to 3K for the following

- Front Bumper Mod + Molding Mugen Lip
- Rear Bumper Mod + Molding OEM Replica Lip
- Molding OEM Replica Side Skirts
- Fixing a dent from the rear bumper/rear quarter panel (see image below)
- Rolling all 4 fenders to make rroom for spacers
- Removing all the badges
- Replacing the OEM spoiler with Mugen RR replica spoiler+lip
- Sanding, priming, and painting all of the above and fixing little chips here and there

Accord_Construciton.JPG

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
looking good

Since you are going through all this trouble to mold on the front lip (really wouldnt do it myself since ABS cracks a lot easier than polyurethane) you should ask them to fill in the lip aero holes (like Kevin's previous lip)

dm5.jpg

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point about the cracking, the shop and I talked anout this. In the end we decided to use a 'compound' that has a lot more flexibility ... and better ability to dissipate kinetic energy whenever you scrape. They actually showed me how flexible the entire structure is.

Regarding filling in the aero holes ... also considered that as well. In the end, decided to leave them open since my fog light holes are already filled and I wanted to keep that Mugen look. I do like the filled in look as well though

98CG5

Reaction score
I want the OEM Coupe lip on my sedan...this looks awesome tho. Cant wait to see the finished product. Subscribed.

twofast4u

Reaction score
Damn. Seems like a hefty build. Would love to see it in person sometime. Which shop is doing the work?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was meaning to come out to the TAC meetings but didn't want to show up until the car is worthy of presentation :)
Will probably be at the July meet, hopefully with spacers already installed. Eager to meet the Toronto crew.
The work is being done by Vaughan Fine Touch.

blackcord

Reaction score
Was meaning to come out to the TAC meetings but didn't want to show up until the car is worthy of presentation :)
Will probably be at the July meet, hopefully with spacers already installed. Eager to meet the Toronto crew.
The work is being done by Vaughan Fine Touch.

Hope you can make it out to the TAC east meet as well some time. I like what I see so far!! :thumbsup:

Subscribed.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I like this thread! I've been missing out all of this. I hope things will go well, and looking sweet by this summer. It's interesting that you didn't choose the rest of Mugen look for your sides & rear.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that you didn't choose the rest of Mugen look for your sides & rear.

Here's a the inspiration for my car, it's Mugen's Take on the EDM/JDM Honda Accords, aka Acura TSX in North America.

wp2-1024.jpg

03-xga.jpg

Now, from what I could see, the aftermarket Accord skirts and rear lips that are advertised as being 'Mugen' style really did not match the look that I was going for. IMHO my rear bumper mod is closer to the EDJ/JDM Accord mugen look.

Anyways, here's a pic of the front bumper, all primed, ready for paint

13+-+1

and the rear bumper

13+-+1

Tentative pickup is for Friday June 21, 2012

Back