CEL after catback install

BlankWoody

Reaction score
I was on my way to school today and the car felt really weird when driving. It felt rough. After I hit 4k rpm it threw a cel off. On the way to school I felt the loss of power and it still felt and sounded rough. If I hit 3k rpms the car would shake. So I was driving 50 to 60 at 2k rpms. I haven't gotten the code read yet. I will after school. When I installed I had bought a new catalytic converter cause other one was done with. Any ideas on what it could be??

Thanks guys

james'99

Reaction score
I was on my way to school today and the car felt really weird when driving. It felt rough. After I hit 4k rpm it threw a cel off. On the way to school I felt the loss of power and it still felt and sounded rough. If I hit 3k rpms the car would shake. So I was driving 50 to 60 at 2k rpms. I haven't gotten the code read yet. I will after school. When I installed I had bought a new catalytic converter cause other one was done with. Any ideas on what it could be??

Thanks guys

Will it go past 4k right now?If not, probably a VTEC code and its probably in limp mode right now. Oil level?

Also, down pressure dramatically decreases when you install exhaust systems. I usually erase the codes/monitors regardless of whether there is a light or not when I mess with intakes/exhausts etc. so the proper air/fuel ratios can be learned. But it sounds like you may have a slightly different problem than that.

Last edited:

BlankWoody

Reaction score
It won't go pass 4k anymore. I was probably thinking a vacuum hose leak or something. Maybe not enough air is getting through the exhaust. But I'm not sure.

RawCarnage

Reaction score
Check the o2 sensors. Goto auto zone or any place like that and have them check the code. It's free.

BlankWoody

Reaction score
Just got the code read. P1259
guy at auto zone said it can many things... my oil label is super high.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
How's the oil?

When was the last time you changed it?

What did you put in?

Why is it over-full? Did you add some?

BlankWoody

Reaction score
Last time I changed the oil was November. I haven't added any at all ever since then. The level is pretty high.

Back