6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

changaroo

Reaction score
Re: 6 > 4 [Six speed content]

good luck :)

i was gonna say hit me up if you need any help, but if youre doing it at richies place, i think youre in the best hands possible!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Im gonna keep my eye on this one!!! Good luck to you man

Thanky.

good luck :)

i was gonna say hit me up if you need any help, but if youre doing it at richies place, i think youre in the best hands possible!

Thanks man. Yeah I feel great about going to him, he has his shop and a car we can pull parts from if we run into anything. He's a pretty nice guy.

But hey if you're going to IA, PM me your cell if you want.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Picked up a shifter from another member, then found out my fiance's brother had one too, which he gave to me. They're both different though, not sure which was was altered from stock. One is shorter and has a different catch pin.

2011-04-04_20-51-57_717.jpg

Also got a CL-S boot/knob and TL-S knob, not sure what I'll be using yet. Probably neither of these since the CL-s knob is worn and the TL-S isn't really a shift knob. Might want something weighted, like the s2k.

2011-04-04_20-52-45_606.jpg

Last edited:

changaroo

Reaction score

im going to try my best to be at IA, but no guarantees. i plan on taking summer classes.

also, if you need the connectors that go onto the transmission harnesses (i believe the mainshaft / countershaft / ckp sensor plugs), i have those layin around when i pulled the j30. apparently the j32 engine harness already had those speed sensor connectors on the engine harness.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
6 > 4 [Six speed content]

Weighted shift knobs are the best !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffpanya

Reaction score
6 > 4 [Six speed content]

I ment heavy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Jesus, look how tall that thing is! Lol.

It just looks that way because it's sitting on top of the shift lever, it's not screwed down or anything, so the boot is also stretched. It looks a little more like this when installed (though still tall)

p164044_large+2002_Acura_CL_Type_S+Interior_View_Shifter.jpg

im going to try my best to be at IA, but no guarantees. i plan on taking summer classes.

also, if you need the connectors that go onto the transmission harnesses (i believe the mainshaft / countershaft / ckp sensor plugs), i have those layin around when i pulled the j30. apparently the j32 engine harness already had those speed sensor connectors on the engine harness.

Thanks Eric, I'll let you know.

Weighted shift knobs are the best !!!

That's what I hear. I kind of like something like this. Though I don't have any other brushed aluminum in the car so maybe it would look out of place.

Skunk2%20Shift%20Knob%20_6%20Speed.jpg

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Chris,

That shift knob would go with the wheel colour that you were leaning towards though, no?

Back