JDMCG3's N/A H22 Build (Last Update: 03/12/2012)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: my H22 build

DSCN9660.jpg

Do. Like.

Nice work, this is definately an inspiration for people looking to do a swap/build.

You managed to get some parts for great prices, which is always a bonus.

Keep up the good work.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

and also a Cometic head gastket.

Fixed haha. Speaking of which - mixed reviews on those. They work for some, and fail hard for others. Will it be stock spec Cometic head gasket, or a thinner/thicker one? Rule of thumb is that Honda Genuine Parts are always the best when it comes to gaskets, but this may work just as well for you - hit or miss. Just something to think about.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Fixed haha. Speaking of which - mixed reviews on those. They work for some, and fail hard for others. Will it be stock spec Cometic head gasket, or a thinner/thicker one? Rule of thumb is that Honda Genuine Parts are always the best when it comes to gaskets, but this may work just as well for you - hit or miss. Just something to think about.

2nd this, i've tried several others, and nothing has compared to OEM headgasket, pumps, and parts where possible.

jdmcg3

Reaction score

2nd this, i've tried several others, and nothing has compared to OEM headgasket, pumps, and parts where possible.

ill have to look into that.. but im only paying 10 bucks for it.. so even if i do find bad reviews on em its not like i paid full price for em.

still in original packaging. its to oem specs.

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score

url]

Do. Like.

Nice work, this is definately an inspiration for people looking to do a swap/build.

You managed to get some parts for great prices, which is always a bonus.

Keep up the good work.

thank you. i was really impressed the way it came out. my over all goal for the swap is to have everything looking fresh. something i can be proud over when i pop my hood. im also going to be doing a shaved engine bay and full wire tuck to help achieve this look.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Good luck searching about the gasket. Just because you didn't pay its intended price for it, doesn't mean that it will do the job to your needed standards. You may have to pay a bigger price in the long run, which I'm sure you prefer not doing.. But as mentioned, read up on it and decide for yourself, you're a big boy :). They work for some people and don't work for others. Maybe they work better on H22's than they do on F23's, who knows.

1bad6

Reaction score

so ive decided to make a thread for my upcoming swap..

so i started the build a good 6 months ago. it started out as a G23vtec swap, and it was just going to a bone stock build. i was trying to be as cheap as possible. but that has now all changed.. decided to go fully built h22. its going to be all motor build, and something thats going to be good for daily driving but yet can handle with high rpms at long periods of time; on the weekends at the track.

*ill be updating as more parts come and when work is put in*

I like that someone is doing an N/A H22 build. Awesome!

jdmcg3

Reaction score

Good luck searching about the gasket. Just because you didn't pay its intended price for it, doesn't mean that it will do the job to your needed standards. You may have to pay a bigger price in the long run, which I'm sure you prefer not doing.. But as mentioned, read up on it and decide for yourself, you're a big boy :). They work for some people and don't work for others. Maybe they work better on H22's than they do on F23's, who knows.

ive found that everything and almost every part has some discussion over on honda-tech. so digging something up shouldnt be to hard. and when i mentioned how much i paid.. i was saying if i found bad reviews on this then i wont use it and itll just sit in my garage with only a little chump change spent on it.

Back