ECU "Mobilizer"

9450erick

Reaction score
At There are two different board installed in the ECU's. In the cars, build 1996-1999 it was the IMMO-A0 (see our other Product "Mobilizer-Board-A0") and in the cars build 1999-2001 the Board FX01, HIC1 or HCRL1. You can easy determine the two board from couting the pins. The IMMO-A0 has 10 pins and the FX01, HIC1 and HCRL has 12 pins.
my car a 99 and dont know wat immobolizer i have
either the 10 pin or the 12 pin. sucks!!
kinda looks sketch

Last edited:

Drift

Reaction score
How much would your "small fee" be? since my local honda stealership are a bunch o' d bags

How about $30? Id say that sounds reasonable.

my car a 99 and dont know wat immobolizer i have
either the 10 pin or the 12 pin. sucks!!
kinda looks sketch

Open your ecu and look to see which chip you have. Its only 4 screws. And its not at all sketchy, this guy is kind of a big shot over at the PGMFI board. If I had any reason to need this, Id happily be the guinea pig.

lithiumus

Reaction score
The 99 accords have the FX01 chip. I've tried the Doctronic chip and it works perfectly. I tried it when I was swapping between my EDM Type R ECU and my OEM USDM ECU. I desoldered both immonbilizer chips and installed sockets so I could swap them around. Since my OEM ECU immobilizer already had my keys programmed, I just swapped it and I can swap my OEM chip into any OEM ECU that needs it.

I tested the FX01 chip for a friend in my ECUs and it works. If you simply desolder the immobilizer chip, the car will start if you wait 2-4 seconds in IG2 then start the car but the check engine light will go solid. May even leave you in limp mode but I couldn't confirm that as I didn't drive the car and was just testing ECUs.

MAR387

Reaction score
Yeah, good find. Drift, on average, how much does it cost around to get an h22 swapped in, done deal, in a 6th gen? I followed your thread a while back and some others here and there it seems to be about $3000-4000 after everything's said and done. I would definitely consider it if I could find a 2001 USDM engine so I could possibly pass inspection in 2 years.

Drift

Reaction score
The 99 accords have the FX01 chip. I've tried the Doctronic chip and it works perfectly. I tried it when I was swapping between my EDM Type R ECU and my OEM USDM ECU. I desoldered both immonbilizer chips and installed sockets so I could swap them around. Since my OEM ECU immobilizer already had my keys programmed, I just swapped it and I can swap my OEM chip into any OEM ECU that needs it.

I tested the FX01 chip for a friend in my ECUs and it works. If you simply desolder the immobilizer chip, the car will start if you wait 2-4 seconds in IG2 then start the car but the check engine light will go solid. May even leave you in limp mode but I couldn't confirm that as I didn't drive the car and was just testing ECUs.

Im glad to hear from someone who has used this. I feel like this is a great alternative to having to visit the dealership.

Back