Help. radiator trouble

Raggaman

Reaction score
I ordered a Valeo radiator for my 99 accord manual coupe thinking it was a direct replacement. What I got was the radiator for the automatic accord with the two extra ATF cooler hose points at the bottom. I didn't see this until I had pulled my old radiator out. Is there anyway to plug the ATF cooler hose points with screws and use the same radiator or should I send it back? Also I cant see a drain plug on this radiator.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
hey you shouldnt have any problem using it because as long as there isnt any fluild from the tranny lines coming in then there shouldnt be any coming out

Raggaman

Reaction score
Thx. I took the new radiator and ran water through it. Lo and behold! Nothing comes out the ATF lines! It seems to be a separate system. I still didn't put it in because I didnt know how I would drain/flush the radiator. Replacing the radiator aint that bad as long as the lower hose comes off easy.So my new question is: How would I drain this radiator if it has no drain plug?
I put the old radiator back for the time being as I have to go to work tomorrow and it was getting late.

Thx again.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
all radiators have drain holes.

if you have one that magically doesnt have one, for what reason idk why, then just detach the bottom hose and let it drain that way.

Raggaman

Reaction score
Well this is a magical radiator then with no pepcock/drain plug. I guess this a return as I can only imagine the mess when I pull the bottom hose off! Thank you guys for your help. If anyone ever finds out why this stupid thing doesnt have a drain plug please let me know. It was a direct Valeo replacement bought from Tasauto. Hopefully they will take it back.

Back