THE Lip Kit & Body Kit Review Thread

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
Brand model: Front Type-R lip piece for 94-95 4 cylinder accords, OEMLIP.com, got off some guy on craigslist
Price: 120 + gas to go pick it up
Pros: love the look it gives
Cons: slightly warped and had to "stretch" around the front bumper and color match wasnt that good, also has a few cracks
Verdict: love the look, deffinitly try to buy first hand... not 2nd or 3rd's like myself

Last edited:

vu 6thgen

Reaction score
Brand & model: ABS plastic type-r front lip sedan
Price paid and from where: $60 with white paint from a friend
Pros: Makes the car looks nice and a little lower. For the looks, $60 was worth it.
Cons: ABS plastic, I expected it to crack easier if I ever hit something and it did. I suggest getting poly.
Final verdict: I recommended getting poly type-r or mugen.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Brand & model: OEM Front Lip & Rear
Price paid and from where: $300 for front lip brand new from seller in SoCal & $225 for the rear lip from Knightryder from North Cali.
Pros: It really completes the car. It's the perfect lip kit for the CG coupe. It gives that aggressive OEM look. WW is the next best.
Cons: Wish it wasn't so damn expensive and rare. Just need the sides now. If you happen to come accross OEM lip kit parts, get it!
Final verdict: You will not regret it. Replicas are not the same! I love my front and rear lip.

Last edited:

agginline86

Reaction score
Brand & model: Mugen style PU
Price paid and from where: $55 Boosted Auto Sports (http://www.boostedautosports.com/)
Pros: Cheap PU lip, looks great
Cons: not a perfect fit, quality of corners (where it attaches to the wheel well) isn't spectacular
Final verdict: 8/10

58089_923633843780_1391272431_n.jpg

164635_923633798870_943502006_n.jpg

Last edited:

gsrteg

Reaction score
Brand & model: Ebay 98-00 Accord Sedan Type R Lip

Price paid and from where: $29.99 (+$20 shipping) Total I paid was $49.99. Off Ebay from the seller "bestracingmotors"

Pros: Simple look. I honestly think the style matched the OEM Honda Accord side skirt (the one that flares out for the sedan).

Cons: The fitment wasn't all that great. You basically get what you pay for. I dont like how the edges are rough and un-even. The edges were sawed from like a jigsaw machine. But from far away, it wasn't too bad.

Final verdict: The shipping was fast. The lip came in within 2 days in a large cardboard box, inside was the lip and mounting hardware (screws and 2 brackets). It was unpainted, black plastic. I painted it white with some plastidip to match my car. It looked decent, when I mocked it up.

20130902_145509_zps943d35fa.jpg

20130902_145451_zpsa3fc8b7b.jpg

Last edited:

noelaorozco

Reaction score
Brand & model: Mugen style ABS Front & Rear lip
Price paid and from where: $30 from local 6thgen member
Pros: Looks good and more aggressive than a type r without having to spill out so much cash for a WW kit
Cons: not perfect fit, due to being a lil warped on the front left, but for the price im not complaining
Final verdict: I patched the front Mugen holes so I wouldn't look like every other civic/teggy out here in SoCal, and glad I did. Had to make it fit due to having the 01 sedan front but looks good to me. Rear was more of a perfect fit. Did a small black color scheme on the rear to look like a diffuser, looks good!

DBO867

Reaction score
Brand & model: BaysonR OE style front lip for 98-00 coupe
Price paid and from where: $70 off of Ebay
Pros: Clean Oem look and fitment
Cons: None so far
Final verdict: Love how it looks, will look even better with new paint

Back