2002 accord f20b swap questions

dawg316

Reaction score
obd2 emissions is nothing. hooks up a scanner and see if there isnt any codes pressent. your car can be running like a bag o ****s. aslong as theres no codes pending or pressent. or no readyness monitors pending

well atleast thats how it was here before the goverment scraped the program

twofast4u

Reaction score
You can run the 96 Prelude H22 ECU (I believe it's the P12), if you can find one. Other than that, your easiest solutions will be either going OBD1 and finding a way around emissions or going with a standalone ecu like AEM that can force the readiness codes so you never really have to worry about the emissions.

That's not how it works. Emissions doesn't care what motor it is, just as long as the parameters are showing/reading correctly. You could swap in a chevy small block and as long as it was obd2 compliant, it wouldn't care what motor is in it.

yea its actually the p13-a12 h22 ecu you need. I have one and one of my buddies has one as well. Im keeping mine though until i can say i am no longer doing a swap or getting another accord as im parting out my current one...

Chucktherooky

Reaction score
Get the f22b dohc non vtec put some crower stage2 cams and valve springs with h/i/e have your ecu chipped with a socket and set the rev limiter to 8k and check engine shift light at 7800 with full throttle launch at 3200 and full throttle shift, you'll be very very happy. I took the h22a out and put this in because my friend had one and would always pull on me the f22b has alot of tq. Mine toped out at 173 the speedo would be between the u and the e where it said unleaded fuel only at the bottom of the speedo on a 91 accord we always called it fuel speed lol
We used a phone with a gps speedo to clock it

79T/A

Reaction score
The issue is with where i live, all vehicles year 1998 and up need an obd2 emissions test which is no problem really except the vin in the ecu has to match the vin on the car to even start the test. Like if the f23 ecu will run the f20b engine without setting off any codes, that would be mint for testing every year, then after i have the test done, i can just run an obd1 ecu until its time to test again. Kind of a huge pain in the ***. Like at this point, i may as well just turbo my f23 on low boost. Sounds like way less of a hassle to me. Either way, i wont be able to do anything until spring when i can pull my corvette out and drive that to work and whatever while the accords down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back