DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

bsivoljr

Reaction score
Re: 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

You know...I hate you because I want to do a rear disc conversion. Are those new disc assemblies with the wheel/hub arm? Oh yeah I also hate you because your Carage is so dope. Wish I had one. I work at night like a Vamp at my apartment complex, very limited you could probably guess

HECz_

Reaction score
so I can use my i4 calipers on my 5-lug conversion? I trust my i4 calipers the most.. what about brake pads? thanks :p

hotaccord243

Reaction score
so if the spindles and the knuckles are the same for the v6 and I4 couldn't you just swap out the hub only and do it that way? or are those permanently on the knuckle so you have to switch both out anyway?

It looks like everything in the front have the same part #'s with the wheel bearing, clips, knuckles etc.
the only thing that has different part numbers are the splash guards and hub assembly....

same goes for the rear just the bearing assembly and hub are the only part #'s that differ....

any ideas?

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you notice. I put an FYI that its pretty much specific to Lx's, not Ex's. Ex's could just remove the hubs and be done. I'd have to completely disassemble the rear brakes (drums - PITA) and then bolt it all back up. It was easier, and cheaper, for me to just buy the whole knuckle, remove a few bolts, put it on, put the bolts back in, and be done. Not to mention while you're at it, you can fix broken ball joints, trailing arms, tie rods, etc while its all apart. Which is what I did also.

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score
okay that's what i thought, i have access to a bearing press and grease packer so that's why i ask, because it would be pretty easy for me to do, and would save me some money too in the process, plus i got rear discs (Ex) so it would be fairly easy.

totally understand from your perspective that is much easier for you to just buy the knuckle. And yeah it would be the best time to replace the ball joints and stuff right then!

Cool thanks so much for the help! and btw awesome DIY write-up, do you think there may be any interest in a DIY write up for the EX's?

Back