Grinding noise

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
On my way to Honda day today I smelt burning from my engine. My friend who was following me in his g35 smelled it too. On our way back from Honda day my cel turned on and it was blinking like crazy. I couldn't hear a grinding noice because my Sri, so when i got back on the streets all I heard was an aweful grinding noise. The car shifts perfectly and still has vtec so i am going to rule out the tranny. Has anyone else had this happen. Also after leaving it off for an hour the cel light stays on but doesn't blink, it still makes that aweful grinding noise. Should I go to advance auto parts and get the codes or should i look for something.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
OK, here's my concern
A Grinding noise entails that there is a mechanical problem and doesn't neccesarily trigger a CEL code unless the problem will affect the emissions of the vehicle

If you're getting a CEL code, that entails that there is some type of emission problem and not always a mechanical problem

It's good that you did throw a code, that way you can resolve the emission problem.
But please define the GRINDING noise you were hearing.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
OK, here's my concern
A Grinding noise entails that there is a mechanical problem and doesn't neccesarily trigger a CEL code unless the problem will affect the emissions of the vehicle

If you're getting a CEL code, that entails that there is some type of emission problem and not always a mechanical problem

It's good that you did throw a code, that way you can resolve the emission problem.
But please define the GRINDING noise you were hearing.

ill try to record it, its just really hard to hear from the inside because of my sri but its heard pretty loud from the outside

Back