Passenger Window

Jokon

Reaction score
Alright. Onto my next mystery problem. I have a 1998 Honda Accord EX V6 coupe. I had a faulty passenger regulator, at least I think it was a faulty regulator, and replaced it with a regulator that I know worked from crashed and parted out 2002. Unfortunately that did not fix anything. Now I still have zero up/down from the window on either driver/passenger switch. I have checked the fuses on both sides of the car and nothing is in need of replacement. I am also using the door panels from the 2002 now and it did not fix anything either. My driver side window works fine. I am stumped on this. I done what I think I could do beside rip apart the dash. I have searched and searched but I have found nothing on a wiring diagram for the 98-02 passenger windows. Any ideas?

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
I don't wanna be the guy with the smarta$$ answer, but have you checked the physical connection? Like the plug in the door... Mine came loose one time and I thought my motor was out, luckily I checked it before I bought a new one.

Jokon

Reaction score
I'll be doing a more intense analysis of the situation since I got free time again since my temp job ended my position. Hopefully it's as easy as a dirty connection or loose visible wire.

Jokon

Reaction score
Okay so today I took off the door panel got the window working just with direct power from the battery. I test the switch and it was reading out a 6 amp constant but when I used the switch it dropped to around .2 amps. I don't know if the switch is shorting out or there is something else wrong elsewhere . I tested the connection to the window switch and the cable is giving the same amperage. It seems like when the switch is used it trips the internal circuit breaker in the regulator. I used the switch and immediately after went to direct power and I had to wait about a minute or so before it allowed me to power the window directly. I can't seem to tell if new master and sub switches will fix this or if there is some other hidden problem. Perhaps a bad ground? Any one got any ideas?

Vlad02coupe

Reaction score
Did you check to see if your window lock switch was maybe switched to the lock position? Happened to me when i first bought my car and i didnt know what was wrong till on the way to the dealer i realized that the window lock switch was flipped on.

Jokon

Reaction score
It is not in the locked position. It's been unusable for a while. It was acting up in February, sporadically working and then it just stopped, making me think it was the motor dying. As I mentioned the regulator has been tested and works correctly. I get no response from the window using either the driver or passenger window control. Would using a 2002 switch in a 1998 be the problem? I looked up the parts numbers on the 1998 and it's list as a part for 1998-2001.

Jokon

Reaction score
The 1998-2001 passenger switch part number is:35760-S87-A01
The 2002 part number is: 35760-S84-A11ZA

RedAccord02

Reaction score
Have any friends with 6th gen accords your year ? Borrow their driver side switch and test it

Back