DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
so are you done with the whole swap atm? if you are can you pm a list of the stuff you bought please? thx

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i dont remembering some of the finer details but after looking back i see that the conversion will be even cheaper for me, causemy biggest questions was if all i had to do was replace the hubs... now what gets me is why other models besides the EX will have to replace the knuckle and spindle??? is that just to simplify the change over or is there a method in that madness?

but EX model just needs
-Hubs
-Front Calipers (off V6 model, Legend, or Teg, Type-R)
-Rotors and Pads?

correct me if im wrong?

the only reason anyone would have to replace spindles is if they have rear drums. at the bare minimum youd need only the rear spindles. but keep in mind the front hubs have to be pressed out, iirc, so unless you have a press, you have to take them to a shop...or something haha.

i chose to buy all 4 spindles, 1. because i have rear drums, and 2. because it will make it easier to rebuild them all to new/fresh while still using my accord for its daily duties...if i ever get the motivation back to do the swap haha.

but yes, if youre 4 lug and have rear disc's from the factory, all you need is the four hubs, four rotors, and front calipers and pads. the rear calipers, pads, and ebrake cables are the same between ex i4's and v6's. the only reason to change ebrake cables is only if you have rear drums.​

99HonAccord

Reaction score
Last edited:

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
cant wait to do this i just got my rear hubs all 4 rotors and all break pads i just need the front hubs and the front v6 calipers :love:

4door accord02

Reaction score
So starting this Saturday.. Prolly the only parts I'll grab from the junk yard are the v 6 front calipers...the rest be buyin new

Last edited:

MANIAC_ACCORD

Reaction score
My question would be will the front v6 calipers fit on the EX brackets? and will the front EX brake lines go into the v6 calipers? Sorry if these questions have been answered but after 17 pages im confused.

PS: Someone should definately just simplify a 5 lug conversion for EX cuz reading thru 17 pages of confusion sucks.

Back