New Coilovers orderd

bwizard

Reaction score
Please post a pic of those coils in two years.....I just want confirmation that the weather there is exactly what my car needs in order to keep the parts in great condition.

I feel guilty...as many pics as Ive seen and videos watched with rusted together parts. My car was also dealership maintained before I bought it. I had no corrosion issues at all. I had to work a little at poppin out the drive axle, only due to the fact I dont have a quality pry bar. Mine had a bit too much flex.

ry%3D480

So, passenger side axle in, and both front struts replaced with the tein street advance.

before....

ry%3D400

after....

ry%3D480

001Stunna

Reaction score
bwizard, that looks good. Many will come and tell you how its still high bla bla bla...personally i'd allow them to settle at that height first and then fine tune it to your liking(lower a tad more while still maintaing close to 1"inch from lower of thread to bottom of lowest collar) once all four are in and have been in for about a week. Then after the fine tuning you can go in for your alignment. PS. Check your axle seal in a few days to make sure all is good with no leaks just for paranoias sake(at least i would lol since im a bit paranoid about things being on right and proper) Now get on with the rears =P:darryl:

Please post a pic of those coils in two years.....I just want confirmation that the weather there is exactly what my car needs in order to keep the parts in great condition.
Honestly if you take care of them, spray them down, lube them they will look brand new. To this day mine still have no spec of rust and shine as if they just got out of the box. I do spray them down once a week and lube them with silicone spray.

bwizard

Reaction score
bwizard, that looks good. Many will come and tell you how its still high bla bla bla...personally i'd allow them to settle at that height first and then fine tune it to your liking(lower a tad more while still maintaing close to 1"inch from lower of thread to bottom of lowest collar) once all four are in and have been in for about a week. Then after the fine tuning you can go in for your alignment. PS. Check your axle seal in a few days to make sure all is good with no leaks just for paranoias sake(at least i would lol since im a bit paranoid about things being on right and proper) Now get on with the rears =P:darryl:

DONE with rears!!!

They were no trouble at all..... That 3/8 Snap On impact saved many minutes of twisting bolts and scrapped knuckles..... and it looks real good in the tool box too.

On the rears, I set the bottom ring 1" from the bottom of the threads, same as I did the fronts.....I really like the way the gap is on the rear....too dark to take a pic right now. I was going to adjust the fronts a bit lower, but I'll wait a few hundred miles and see how it settles.... over all, the worst thing that happend was I got a little grease on the indoor/outdoor carpet in the garage.....:fail:

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Congrats on getting the new setup done.

I like the wheels on the car as well.

Definately wait for the springs to settle. You'll notice a bit of a difference once that happens, but I imagine you will want to try it a little lower, just to see how it looks.

@Levin, you're right, but it is nice to not have to go through all that either.

Back