juiCyyaccOrd's - CL-S 6SPD Swap

001Stunna

Reaction score
SO, question, Judy(and Chris),

Was doing a J36 build not an option for either of you?

I am just curious, since you both have the platform to get it done, so I was wondering y u no build J36?

:coffee:

Judy, the $7k cost did that include travel costs as well or just the build cost?

J35 would have costed a lot more and requires more custom work. In the end, you are not getting much more out of that engine but it hurts the wallet a lot more.
$7K was mostly swap, we had some extra side $$$ for food and other stuff

:jae::jae: oh hai judy...i didn't know you also use franks login...or tis be frank answering under judys name..:deal:

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
J36 would have cost a lot more and requires more custom work. In the end, you are not getting much more out of that engine but it hurts the wallet a lot more.
$7K was mostly swap, we had some extra side $$$ for food and other stuff

I hear you, it is always something that can be done later on, as Chris said.

Was there any tuning done on the setup or just all-stock?

So Frank, when can we expect you to make a trip to Chi-Town?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Only chicken please :D
funny that you say that, chicken fried rice, w. mushrooms, vegies, and ribs was just amazing :squintrun:

Derek, what's going on with your swap =P...passed by altech the other day and heard no news:hide:

There is more likelihood of me showing up to a meet than Judy revealing anything done to her "Beauty Queen".

Yup, Judy....I. Went. There.
PS. We better be seeing you weekly now =PP

Last edited:

monkeyv6

Reaction score
I hear you, it is always something that can be done later on, as Chris said.

Was there any tuning done on the setup or just all-stock?

So Frank, when can we expect you to make a trip to Chi-Town?

The build was all stock, no tuning done.
Me? you won't be expecting it when i do it lol

SykVSyx

Reaction score
@Levin, you won't hear any news from Altech until I get all the parts I am going to need. That was part of the 'deal' with them. Keep talking to them though, that way they will be familiar with what to expect when I call. Who have you been speaking with there?

@Frank, you are probably right, and I expect it will also be 'epic'. :rwerd:

Mikey

Reaction score
I did…some things….I’m not…particularly…proud of. But it was payment enough...
So that's what you guys were doing that first day....
iough.gif

:lawl:

As far as the price thing goes, I know it'll be different for each person as each situation is unique, I just thought maybe he had a set base price and then it would go up from there depending on if you needed extra parts or required more labor, etc. I totally agree though that contacting him would be the best way to get a better, ballpark figure. I know how much Chris' swap cost cuz I was there and I remember it being discussed at some point, somehwere. I just think it helps anyone/everyone else to know how much because it gives them a more realistic idea. I didnt know/think Chris' would cost what it did, but now I know. And Judy, between his and yours, I have an idea of what one would cost, assuming things go relatively smooth.

On the topic of the swap itself, you're lucky you had "the guys" doing it for you, for the most part. It doesnt seem like we were at it 10-12hours a day, but we were. And boy did time fly! We'd also get late starts. We'd be in the shop til 1 or 2am and wouldnt get back to the shop and back to work til noon, if not later, the next day. It was weird too because it didnt seem like we did a lot of work but we did. I think the toughest part, while I was there anyway, was the interior stuff. We had an issue fitting the clutch pedal in. Apparently some Accords have a cut-out and what-not but Chris' didnt. Or it did but it was missing something. I cant remember, lol. Removing all the interior trim, swapping the shifters, dropping the motor in; it was good fun and good experience. It's one of those things that Id like to do one day but at the same time, it'd be hard to cough up $5k for such a thing. But in the end you pretty much have a brand new car, so it's worth it.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
So that's what you guys were doing that first day....
iough.gif

:lawl:

As far as the price thing goes, I know it'll be different for each person as each situation is unique, I just thought maybe he had a set base price and then it would go up from there depending on if you needed extra parts or required more labor, etc. I totally agree though that contacting him would be the best way to get a better, ballpark figure. I know how much Chris' swap cost cuz I was there and I remember it being discussed at some point, somehwere. I just think it helps anyone/everyone else to know how much because it gives them a more realistic idea. I didnt know/think Chris' would cost what it did, but now I know. And Judy, between his and yours, I have an idea of what one would cost, assuming things go relatively smooth.

On the topic of the swap itself, you're lucky you had "the guys" doing it for you, for the most part. It doesnt seem like we were at it 10-12hours a day, but we were. And boy did time fly! We'd also get late starts. We'd be in the shop til 1 or 2am and wouldnt get back to the shop and back to work til noon, if not later, the next day. It was weird too because it didnt seem like we did a lot of work but we did. I think the toughest part, while I was there anyway, was the interior stuff. We had an issue fitting the clutch pedal in. Apparently some Accords have a cut-out and what-not but Chris' didnt. Or it did but it was missing something. I cant remember, lol. Removing all the interior trim, swapping the shifters, dropping the motor in; it was good fun and good experience. It's one of those things that Id like to do one day but at the same time, it'd be hard to cough up $5k for such a thing. But in the end you pretty much have a brand new car, so it's worth it.

Yeah, that sounds about right, was the same for us. Lol, time sure did fly by...there were times we came home at 4AM...-_- lol we stopped working at like 2 and ended up staying there late just because haha. Yeah, installing the clutch pedal was the hard part for us as well, for them....LOL I was somewhere, god knows. Taking the engine out and putting the engine in was the most fun part >=D bahaha!

Back