Frankenstein bumper (SiR-T into 2 OEMs with a lip)

KnightRyder

Reaction score
The vertical bars are going to be hidden anyways because there will be matching mesh in the top and bottom grills. I kinda like your photoshop too. I guess ill just have to look at it up close and see if itll be possible to do it cleanly.

Last edited:

KnightRyder

Reaction score
It does bond realllllly well and while id be willing to bet itd be fine without the reinforcements, i did some anyways. Once the front adhesive cured i applied more on the inside of the joints, and in the case of the upper grill area, i used fiberglass tape which i then smothered with the same adhesive. Also found a good spot to use more fiberglass tape on the ends of the lower grill near the fogs.

Several times now ive stressed the joint on the upper grill area by lifting the bumper over my head while only grabbing the 98-00 portion, therefore allowing the full weight of everything thing else to fall on that joint and it never gave even one bit. Itll be fine especially after i start applying more of the fibertech filler which has strands of kevlar in it (the purple filler) ill probably apply a layer of the kevlar reinforced filler to the inside as well for even more piece of mind.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome back in the game w/ this awesome project. Always good to see OGs coming back.

Honestly, at first, I also thought it might look cooler w/o the bottom line of the SIR's lower grille like you PS'ed it, but that line of the grille there flows well from the fog housings, when looking at it from the side angle view.

Can't wait till it's painted! Oh, that's right, yours is not black anymore but it's more like fire-pepper-ish red, iirc? Gonna be hella killer looking CG2 for sure!

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Welcome back in the game w/ this awesome project. Always good to see OGs coming back.

Honestly, at first, I also thought it might look cooler w/o the bottom line of the SIR's lower grille like you PS'ed it, but that line of the grille there flows well from the fog housings, when looking at it from the side angle view.

Can't wait till it's painted! Oh, that's right, yours is not black anymore but it's more like fire-pepper-ish red, iirc? Gonna be hella killer looking CG2 for sure!

Correct, no more NHBP, i changed it to Copper Red Mica (Mazda color) 3 years ago.

And all the CF was tinted using the same color blended into clear to thin it out.

phi1542

Reaction score
How much did it cost you to change the color of your car if you don't mind me asking? I might consider going back to pearl black in the future lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Correct, no more NHBP, i changed it to Copper Red Mica (Mazda color) 3 years ago.

And all the CF was tinted using the same color blended into clear to thin it out.
CRM. :thumbsup:

Sweet looking overlays on the hood, it's impossible not to touch it if I was there to see it lol.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
How much did it cost you to change the color of your car if you don't mind me asking? I might consider going back to pearl black in the future lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Cant give you an accurate quote on that since most was covered by insurance from the guy who hit me. His insurance paid out 2200 and i gave all that plus another grand to my buddy so there was a hookup involved too. The extra grand was basically for all the fender work, and custom work on the cf, new front windshield and some odds and ends. In the end it was easily a $4500 job for any other person but because im friends with the owner, i got it for less. And the quality of the work done was top notch.

Back