Interior Redesigned/Installed two tablets/Backup Cam/GPS '02 Accord EX V6

Silver99

Reaction score
Thank you for updating the post, I didn't realize you didn't cut the dash. I had to fiberglass my iPad to allow access to a single din radio behind. I was hoping you had done something similar as I am stuck with the bottom panel piece. I like how clean yours looks! Unfortunately, I had to use an iPad and it doesn't fit well. Thank you!

Oh, and how did you connect the back up camera to the tablet?

AggieMan

Reaction score
Thank you for updating the post, I didn't realize you didn't cut the dash. I had to fiberglass my iPad to allow access to a single din radio behind. I was hoping you had done something similar as I am stuck with the bottom panel piece. I like how clean yours looks! Unfortunately, I had to use an iPad and it doesn't fit well. Thank you!

Oh, and how did you connect the back up camera to the tablet?

Yeah, I didn't have to cut the dash. The Nexus 7 is a perfect fit for the existing Double DIN dash. If you're not hell bent on using an iPad, you should definitely consider the Nexus 7. It's cheaper and the fact that it runs Android means that there's a lot of customization that you can do.

Not sure what the issue is with the bottom panel piece for you, but if you're talking about the plastic cover underneath the radio and above the little cubby, you can actually pry it off and pull it out. It's held in with simple clips.

The backup camera is hooked up wirelessly. I used these components:

1. Camera

2. Wireless sender/receiver
3. USB-VGA Adapter

The connections are simple. Rear camera is spliced in with rear parking lights for power (NOT the brake lights or your camera won't work unless your foot is on the brake). Camera output is hooked up to the wireless transmitter (which is also spliced into rear parking lights for power). Front receiver sits in the cubby and is hooked up to the USB-VGA adapter. The USB-VGA adapter is then plugged into the tablet's USB hub so the tablet can receive the video feed.

Silver99

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't have to cut the dash. The Nexus 7 is a perfect fit for the existing Double DIN dash. If you're not hell bent on using an iPad, you should definitely consider the Nexus 7. It's cheaper and the fact that it runs Android means that there's a lot of customization that you can do.

Not sure what the issue is with the bottom panel piece for you, but if you're talking about the plastic cover underneath the radio and above the little cubby, you can actually pry it off and pull it out. It's held in with simple clips.

The backup camera is hooked up wirelessly. I used these components:

1. Camera

2. Wireless sender/receiver
3. USB-VGA Adapter

The connections are simple. Rear camera is spliced in with rear parking lights for power (NOT the brake lights or your camera won't work unless your foot is on the brake). Camera output is hooked up to the wireless transmitter (which is also spliced into rear parking lights for power). Front receiver sits in the cubby and is hooked up to the USB-VGA adapter. The USB-VGA adapter is then plugged into the tablet's USB hub so the tablet can receive the video feed.

I am on a tight budget and had an iPad mini laying around, plus the dash is already mostly cut and fiberglassed. I also still wanted to access the radio and remove the tablet. The bottom piece I am talking about is the bottom ledge of the bezel, as I had to cut and extend the dash with fiberglass to accommodate the iPad. Thank you for the info on the back-up camera, although I doubt it will work with my iPad, even though its jailbroken.

guytv

Reaction score
That tablet with the drive train monitoring is cool. Keep it up:).

I was wondering if it is hard to do. I am a computer engineering undergrad and since it is summer I am looking for a summer project to do. I was wondering if it is possible to replicate what you did with the monitoring stuff. Does it require a lot of programming or is it an existing software/app?

artiszegPL

Reaction score
Hey men!
Well done! I put also tablet in my Honda but still have a problem with rear camera :/ what app did you use?
And second, how did you do this wood?! It looks amazing! Some 3M tape?

Ps. Sorry for my English, I'm tapping from Poland.

AggieMan

Reaction score
That tablet with the drive train monitoring is cool. Keep it up:).

I was wondering if it is hard to do. I am a computer engineering undergrad and since it is summer I am looking for a summer project to do. I was wondering if it is possible to replicate what you did with the monitoring stuff. Does it require a lot of programming or is it an existing software/app?

I programmed the app by myself. Just did a little bit of research on the OBD II protocol online and then wired things up with Java.

Hey men!
Well done! I put also tablet in my Honda but still have a problem with rear camera :/ what app did you use?
And second, how did you do this wood?! It looks amazing! Some 3M tape?

Ps. Sorry for my English, I'm tapping from Poland.

I'm using EasyCap Viewer for my backup camera because I'm using an EasyCap video adapter. The wood is a vinyl wrap from VVIVID. It was about $20 on Amazon for a 5ft x 6ft roll. More than enough to wrap all the trims in the vehicle.

Back