NGK ignition upgrade gains?

Joseph104

Reaction score
How much could I gain from upgrading my ignition wires and spark plugs to NGK on my 2.3

Joseph104

Reaction score
Should I top off my blinker fluid and check my muffler bearings too while I'm at it? Lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That just keeps things running smoothly, nothing more. Only way to get gains is to build the motor or T/C that little sucker.

SupraGuy

Reaction score
Well, you MIGHT gain something, but that means that you were losing performance with the old wires.

Replacing good stock wires with good new NGKs gains nothing, except maybe a longer expected service life before you have to do it again.

I suppose that adequately upgraded plug wires might allow you to use a higher energy ignition system if there were also a lot of other modifications done which would require that you use upgraded spark plug wires in order for them to be useful, but if you're doing that, you aren't asking this question.

dawg316

Reaction score
installed ngk wires and plugs on my car, had to put it back to stock

caused too much torque steer

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
How much could I gain from upgrading my ignition wires and spark plugs to NGK on my 2.3

Probably not. But, I consider it part of a full tune up (add a cap and rotor), which won't hurt the car 1 bit, and may make it run better.

Back