DIY: Using OEM Fog Switch with Civic Harness and Foglights

C_S_L

Reaction score
I think you misunderstood me RussianRed, my fog lights arent on. Its just the green light indicator. Its just luminated, but not fully luminated until I push it to ON. Then its bright green and then the fog lights are ON. :boink:Is your OEM switch like that?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Ok. I think I understand crown's problem, I'll help him tomorrow. Then what's your issue with the fog system CSL? Just lights on fog switch? Is functioning of everything correct though?

C_S_L

Reaction score
Im just curious if that light indicator is normal cause my cruise control light isnt like that. Anyways everything is working good. It just alil nuisance to me, nothing major. Thanks for the input.

juicebox00

Reaction score
I think you misunderstood me RussianRed, my fog lights arent on. Its just the green light indicator. Its just luminated, but not fully luminated until I push it to ON. Then its bright green and then the fog lights are ON. :boink:Is your OEM switch like that?

my switch is like that too, it's supposed to be that way to help you find it in the dark. now if it stays on while the keys are out of the ignition then you might have a problem. Basically there are 2 bulbs, one that is always on when the keys are turned to a certain point and one that comes on when you push the button down.

Last edited:

C_S_L

Reaction score
my switch is like that too, it's supposed to be that way to help you find it in the dark. now if it stays on while the keys are out of the ignition then you might have a problem. Basically there are 2 bulbs, one that is always on when the keys are turned to a certain point and one that comes on when you push the button down.

thanks, cause my cruise control light indicator problem burn out but luminates when i press it. its all good then. :peace:

juicebox00

Reaction score
thanks, cause my cruise control light indicator problem burn out but luminates when i press it. its all good then. :peace:

i don't even know if the cruise control button has the upper second light, my " cruise" lettering seems to be painted white...lol

C_S_L

Reaction score
Heres my OEM fog switch with the luminated green light indicator.

DSC07708.jpg

C_S_L

Reaction score
^ Mind boggling isnt it? Thats why I was askin question if it was suppose to be like that. LOL. Its OFF when I took that picture.

juicebox00

Reaction score
mine are different, the pic of the fogs is on only when my fogs are off but when i turn them on it looks like that. maybe try switching the wires that go to each bulb (if you have 2 and if the pic of the fog lights up when you turn it on) since the civic light switch is opposite of that one.

Back