ECU "Mobilizer"

9450erick

Reaction score
50 bucks, that's it ... i would have thought it would have been more expensive ... what is the process on getting it done?
it was the easiest thing iv ever seen done. i went to a lock smith and he had a little computer hooked it up to where u hook up the obd2 scanner pressed buttons nd 5 min later my car was running with the new ecu.
10 bucks a minute thats really good lol
nd the dealer was charging $105

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
dscn1678.jpg

my ecu doesn't have that chip, does that mean my ecu doesn't have an immobilizer after all? ... i was told the euro-R doesn't have an immobilizer by glassjaw [a euro-R owner] but i want to double check because i'm going to start the swap on sunday

here's a pic of my ecu

Picture001-2.jpg

Last edited:

Drift

Reaction score
my ecu doesn't have that chip, does that mean my ecu doesn't have an immobilizer after all? ... i was told the euro-R doesn't have an immobilizer by glassjaw [a euro-R owner] but i want to double check because i'm going to start the swap on sunday

It doesnt appear that there is an immobilizer in there.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
cool i just hope it's not hiding lol ... if that's the case it's time to start figuring out why my f23 cranks over with the euro-r ecu but doesn't start ... anyway enough thread jacking, thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Drift

Reaction score
cool i just hope it's not hiding lol ... if that's the case it's time to start figuring out why my f23 cranks over with the euro-r ecu but doesn't start ... anyway enough thread jacking, thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Check for fuel, check for spark. . .

Drift

Reaction score
Bump because someone was looking for this and their thread was closed.

jpn

Reaction score
could i swap the immobilizer chip from my old ecu to my new one?

Back