iReno's 2000 sedan accord ex

iReno

Reaction score
UPDATE: I purchased the function and form on air conversion kit along with airlift autopilot v2 management. I have my lip kit on the way as well as replacement bags.

short rant, I purchased the on air conversion kit thinking it would fit pretty seamlessly like any suspension should. Well unfortunately i thought wrong. The front bags were rubbing on not one, not two, but three different areas so after about 100 miles I began to tear a hole in the two front bags. Then after looking on function and forms website, you can see that they use the same bags for ALL of their air set-ups and just use different brackets for mounting. Opposed to airlift, k2, airrex, etc. who design the bags specifically for each vehicle. Meaning, if their is a narrow mounting area, they make the bag more narrow for a tailored fit rather than taking a giant bag, placing it in a small area and hoping it work. Here are some photos to compare the size of the bags.

Function and Form
z_239_0_3.jpg

Airlift
th

truhart
TH-H1007-2.jpg

you get the picture, needless to say $1,000 down the drain. I get my new bags this week and we will see if I can get them to fit. I called them very livid and did have great customer service, however I had to pay to ship the old bags back and had to pay $70 for some fee to get replacement, after being told the bags that were "tested" on our car would fit no problem did in fact not fit and are not covered under warranty for rubbing (WTF). Long story short, go with airlift for the extra $350 or so...
/rant end
aaaanyways, in the next week or two I should have this things dialed in with the lip kit and bags put back on.

12080579_888959057847108_559535749_n.jpg

924598_126018541085445_1031097170_n.jpg

10268913_488701371308299_2038579449_n.jpg

I'll keep posting updates and if you care to follow, I'm on instagram as "TuhLieLie"

thanks again for looking!

Last edited:

iReno

Reaction score
Update: I also did a customer hardwood floor in tha trunk, was a lot easier than I had anticipated and was kind of a fun project considering I've done a lot of hardwood in homes before including my current home.

(sh***y photo for now until I break out my camera and take some good ones haha)
11352008_738441049595692_1547937590_n.jpg

the dark mahogany really compliments the stainless steel appliances I will be putting in this weekend .. :henry:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I didn't know F&F sold a bag setup, given the mixed reviews of their regular suspension I would never buy an air setup from them. But glad you are getting most your money back and going with something that's better made.

The trunk floor looks great! Seems like most people go with lighter stain on the wood, I like how you went darker.

iReno

Reaction score
I reread what I wrote and it was a little confusing but I purchased the f&f conversion kit because I was happy with my coilovers, I got the bags installed and they started to tear so I called f&f and spoke with a guy named Andrew and he was very polite given how upset I was and they gave me two new bags after I spent about another $100 or so and told me I'd have to modify a few things in order to get the suspension to fit in there properly and safely. So I still am stuck with the f&f bags unfortunately and I should actually get the new ones in the mail today. You live and you learn but I will never do business with them again. I do not work a 'career' job so saving up a few grand to do this was HUGE for me and to be disappointed like that sucks. But I'm not letting it set me back and il have this thing looking great soon, and I was a big fan of this color for the wood too, thanks!!

iReno

Reaction score
I reread what I wrote and it was a little confusing but I purchased the f&f conversion kit because I was happy with my coilovers, I got the bags installed and they started to tear so I called f&f and spoke with a guy named Andrew and he was very polite given how upset I was and they gave me two new bags after I spent about another $100 or so and told me I'd have to modify a few things in order to get the suspension to fit in there properly and safely. So I still am stuck with the f&f bags unfortunately and I should actually get the new ones in the mail today. You live and you learn but I will never do business with them again. I do not work a 'career' job so saving up a few grand to do this was HUGE for me and to be disappointed like that sucks. But I'm not letting it set me back and il have this thing looking great soon, and I was a big fan of this color for the wood too, thanks!!

And to add to this, my old suspension was shocks from the coils were stuc in a storage shed I couldn't get into, and they wouldn't send the new bags til I sent them the old ones so my car was on jacks the entire time, thank god for the gsxr :)

iReno

Reaction score
I just got my lip kit in and I decided to paint it myself for now, until I can get money to get the whole car done. I also got my bags fixed (I think) everything is working good so far but had some issues with my axle when I was reassembling everything. I'll go take some photos later this week when I get the kit painted and installed.

10860070_404692163063723_770770459_n.jpg

12093590_1698002020436985_1660760173_n.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Which kit did you go with? Hope painting goes well, it's all about the prep work.

iReno

Reaction score
Sorry it has been son long but here is the latest. New wheels, new kit because I broke my old front lip, side skirt and rear lip haha. (Don't ask) and I'm working on some interior stuff for now.

For much more frequent updates please follow me on IG: TuhLieLie
:thumbup:
FRkFek

Fh3CnR

FeZwAQ

Back