led automotive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwl03

Reaction score
hey guys, sorry if this is a repost, but has anyone tried replacing the bulbs in their gauge cluster with led's from ledautomotive?

my reverse glow gauges have been taken out due to many problems after 1 year of use. I am looking at getting a set of led's, but I dunno if the light output justifies the 30$ cost. Btw, does anyone know if hyperwhite led's looks good? (or if they just show up plain blue)

http://www.ledautomotive.com/OrderInfo/98-02Accord/GaugeClusterInfo.asp

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
theylll show up as a light blue because of the light filter on the back of the gauges. in order for you to make them shine thru white, youd have to take off the stock gauge backing, and the needles, and wipre out teh areas behind the numbers and stuff....not exactally easy or something id suggest doing.

blindside

Reaction score
Here ya go man.. i got this from ledautomotive.com

DSCN0571.jpg

blindside

Reaction score
it's easy just putting the led's... but if your planning to clear the back part of the gauges to make it light up better is just hard like what sketch was saying... on v6p.net they have a DIY on this but unless you have another gauge to play with i say don't do it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, and the accuracy of the needles could be f*cked up by taking them off.....on of the reasons i scrapped that idea, haha.

jwl03

Reaction score
thanks for the input everyone, you guys are the best =)

ryon527

Reaction score
blindside said:
Here ya go man.. i got this from ledautomotive.com

DSCN0571.jpg

I like that euro bezel (the black with the chrome). How do you install that? just replace the stock clear front of the cluster wit this one? I was gonna get a yellow one on ebay and paint it black so it'll be like a acura cl kinda.

blindside

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
I like that euro bezel (the black with the chrome). How do you install that? just replace the stock clear front of the cluster wit this one? I was gonna get a yellow one on ebay and paint it black so it'll be like a acura cl kinda.

Yeah it was hard finding this one just got lucky on ebay for a used one :D never liked the yellow ones but like you said paint it black and it's gonna look hawttt! :) just take off your stocks and put this in... walaahhhhh! your all set!

hiperb0y

Reaction score
heres mine with red leds from them, needles light up red without any modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back