Need help on diy SS clutch line

kashmeister

Reaction score
I want to make my 5spd swap as easy as possible.

I plan on using the 98-02 master and slave clutch cylinders.

I want to get a clutch line together that will run from the master to the slave cylinder.

I will probably buy everything from Techna Fit

http://www.techna-fit.com/index.html

Does anyone know what fittings and length I would need? I am confused because on the slave cyl, it uses a pin to hold in the line!

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I wanted to do this too when I did my swap but both ends on the line are help in by pins and there is no way to make a line with fittings unless you have those pressed fittings and then thread the rest on.

CHID0

Reaction score
Might have to get either the CL-S one or the Prelude one and test fit em. Unless someone can verify the fittings are the same.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Might have to get either the CL-S one or the Prelude one and test fit em. Unless someone can verify the fittings are the same.
+1

I was talking to my friend about the same mod and how they really don't have it for our cars and he explained to me most likely the prelude clutch line should fit should be closet to our cars maybe with a little modding. Also I wanted to mention, when he said that it made remember (forgot who on here) took the stock clutch line 92-96(not totally sure) and was able to have it fit but then I could be wrong

kashmeister

Reaction score
i think as f23 said the problem is that the the lines are held in by pins.

i talked to some guy that makes lines for prelude swaps, and he said his just screw into the clutch cylinders.

I know the slave cyl uses a pin, but what about the master cylinder? on majestic it shows only a clip

the closest thing i found is this 240sx pic:
t56_slave_fitting.jpg

im thinking we could get just the standard ss line with the threaded ends and find the adapters to mate it with.

kashmeister

Reaction score
Well the clip comes with the OE replacement master cylinders on ebay. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Take a look at this:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...-clutch-adapter-fitting?itemIdentifier=542225

This seems right for the slave cylinder. Can anyone comment on this?
and the pin doesn't seem so special. I assume its a basic spring roll pin.

is the fitting on the master cylinder the same as the slave cylinder?

Back