G23 Build

akoutmos

Reaction score
My apartment floor is a mess -_-

h22Head.jpg

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Awesome, looking forward to this. Any idea what compression for a G23 build would be if using stock spec F23 pistons and rods with the H22 v-tec head?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
With stock f23 internals with a h22a4 head... I believe it's like around 9.4:1. Based on those online calculators. How accurate those are, I'm not sure about that one.

akoutmos

Reaction score
I see a turbo manifold!

Just got that back from the machine shop :p. Hopefully my old setup will be going to some lucky owner here on 6thgen :p.

With stock f23 internals with a h22a4 head... I believe it's like around 9.4:1. Based on those online calculators. How accurate those are, I'm not sure about that one.

Awesome, looking forward to this. Any idea what compression for a G23 build would be if using stock spec F23 pistons and rods with the H22 v-tec head?

I have the A5 motor, which has the lowest compression of all the F series motors. If i input everything correctly on http://www.zealautowerks.com/hfseries.html i should have roughly a 8.45:1 comp ratio. Either way with the extra combustion chamber volume should lower the compression from 8.8:1.

Steadycrusin401

Reaction score
i've always wanted to do a g23 vtec build but it seems pointless if you can just buy a h23 vtec for $850 shipped. parts alone would run you more about $850 plus if you include used k20s pistons, KS BS kit, arp head studs, gaskets and timing components. none the less i'm going to keep my eyes on this thread. good luck mang.

AFAccord

Reaction score
I know you said you're trying not to spend much money, but I'd really like to see someone do a G23 VTEC with the longer rods/short compression height pistons that bisi offers. That'd make good use of the F23's stroke, while greatly improving the r/s ratio of the block. You could even order the pistons in a 12+ compression. :driving:

Back