Operation: TooLow Build Thread (56k)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Operation: TooLow Build Thread

If you're just going to replace the exhaust system later anyways.....why do it twice?

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score

If you're just going to replace the exhaust system later anyways.....why do it twice?

Especially with expensive projects like running air bags on 11.5" wheels in the future.

I know its stupid but its gon be awhile before I get my turbo setup done no point in having 3 inch exhaust now. If I like this setup I'm keeping it then moving on to air ride and custom wheels. I'm going to buy another motor and build it up with my turbo kit then 3 inch exhaust. Its gon be a lot of money but hey gotta pay to play and be different.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Just leave it stock then and/or swap out the muffler.

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score

I'm taking my good ol time stocking parts up and getting ready for spring. Only update I have as of now is just the CAI with spectre filter and I bought a double din also a rear roof visor.

My next plan is woodgrain center console, steering wheel and all window switches. Looking around for some tan leather seats too.

Carbon fiber hood, trunk and pedals.

I got a whole list of mods I'm getting ready and saving for the summer. Just hope it comes out looking like I planned.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Check out 'tknight's FS thread, he may be able to help you out with the wood grain pieces.

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score

Check out 'tknight's FS thread, he may be able to help you out with the wood grain pieces.

Thank you! Does anybody know exactly what brand double din fits in our accords? Mine is 4 inches and I measured the factory double din and that measured 4.5 inches so I kinda have a gap with the one I got.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score

Dude, sick plans for the whip. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. A couple words of advice/opinions though; the Bayson-R (OEM rep) lips are the best options for our rides in terms of style-to-cost ratio. I will most likely be going that route once it's time myself! And when it comes to the eBay header... DON'T!!! I researched tons of them and went with the one with the best reviews in terms of fitment, noise, and flow. I have already gone through THREE of the exhaust hangars that attach to the downpipe and even after bolting BOTH sides of the self tapping screw that holds the header and downpipe together, it continues to widen and leak. This has also happened 3 maybe even 4 times. I am selling it to someone else who is willing to deal with that headache and saving up for a DC ceramic piece, which I definitely recommend, but in the meantime I'll be running a completely stock to avoid inhaling anymore CO2 and dealing with the sound from the leak. Good luck with the turbo and air though! Very excited to see how that works out for you.

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score

Dude, sick plans for the whip. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. A couple words of advice/opinions though; the Bayson-R (OEM rep) lips are the best options for our rides in terms of style-to-cost ratio. I will most likely be going that route once it's time myself! And when it comes to the eBay header... DON'T!!! I researched tons of them and went with the one with the best reviews in terms of fitment, noise, and flow. I have already gone through THREE of the exhaust hangars that attach to the downpipe and even after bolting BOTH sides of the self tapping screw that holds the header and downpipe together, it continues to widen and leak. This has also happened 3 maybe even 4 times. I am selling it to someone else who is willing to deal with that headache and saving up for a DC ceramic piece, which I definitely recommend, but in the meantime I'll be running a completely stock to avoid inhaling anymore CO2 and dealing with the sound from the leak. Good luck with the turbo and air though! Very excited to see how that works out for you.

Thanks man! I'm trying I got parts coming in all week! I will be updating soon! I've had good luck with the eBay header before. I had one on my 5th gen. Never cracked or leaked even when I went from 2.25 piping to the 3 inch, header stayed in great shape.

Back