Spacemonkee's '00 AV6 4door (No 56K)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Thanks for the new pics! Good job on the badge removal. Can't tell the badge marks at all! :thumbsup:

What did you use to remove the remained adhesives on the body? (Just curious, if you ever used some Mayonnaise like I did lol.)

Varnell

Reaction score
^+1
Much cleaner than the time I removed my badges.

I'm also digging your choice of center caps for your wheels. Spot on. :thumbsup:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Thanks for the new pics! Good job on the badge removal. Can't tell the badge marks at all! :thumbsup:

What did you use to remove the remained adhesives on the body? (Just curious, if you ever used some Mayonnaise like I did lol.)

Thanks, LOL! No mayo. I used the rubber wheel for the big stuff and goof off for the residual gunk. I copied and pasted my process post from the detailing page down below.

^+1
Much cleaner than the time I removed my badges.

I'm also digging your choice of center caps for your wheels. Spot on. :thumbsup:

Thanks Varnell! The center caps are from the stock 15"s they dont quite fit but I made them fit... ;)

Clean sedan so far

Thanks, RedRyder!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
COPY & PASTE from my post on the detailing page:

Before
e36sid6.jpg

Process:

- Heat gun to loosen up adhesive
- Used dental floss to remove embelm
- Rubber wheel on drill and goof off to remove residual adhesive
- Masking and wet sand with 3000 grit
- Meguires machine polish with pad on drill
- Wax

Pics (Cell phone camera, soory if they are pooor quality)

Emblem removed rubber wheel used
KCEnV95.jpg

Rubber wheel
VPeZmzE.jpg

Not much of a color fade or out line so I just hit it with 3000 Grit wet sand to knock out some of the outline left by the emblem.
hsP0vOc.jpg

GZzMnF6.jpg

After polish
deDiDWZ.jpg

Complete:
HwcWSpQ.png

ttSSK9A.png

Re-did the plasti dip on my H emblem. Used the black as a base and glossifier over the top this time to get a little shine as opposed to a flat black before.
j3D7PSU.jpg

zq6B8uF.jpg

3I6Goon.jpg

Put the Emblem up where it belongs... with the others
8zQUoP6.jpg

Last edited:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Took a few pics of the CG in my dads garage, looks a little out of place between the two modified 90s icons, lol. Both twin turbo circa 1994, Supra/RX-7

EDIT: Fixed pic links

sI51Ydz.jpg

c6XSWjH.jpg

Ymy3P4F.jpg

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Looks like your dad is doing quite well automotive wise. All the cars look great. What's done to the Supra/RX7? He's got two dream cars of mine right there

LeoY

Reaction score
Pretty amazing garage. Also very clean sedan, liking it a lot!

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Looks like your dad is doing quite well automotive wise. All the cars look great. What's done to the Supra/RX7? He's got two dream cars of mine right there
Pretty amazing garage. Also very clean sedan, liking it a lot!
Badass garage, which looks to be attached to a badass house.
Nice cars too. :)

Thanks everyone.

I am going to rant a little bit.

TL;DR: Dads awesome. FD is respectively modified. Supra has basic performance upgrades (BPU)...

On we go!

First and foremost my dad is quite an amazing individual. Hes worked hard to get to where he is. He is a key part of a medical company specializing in "on call Nuclear Medicine" for multiple hospitals. Props Pops! Plus hes been my best friend my entire life and the main reason of why/how I love and care for cars... My CG was purchased practically new by him, we did all the mods to it in this garage for my mom as a DD (Mom loves cars too, more aesthetically though). I bought the CG from them last year when she got a new car (2015 FLEX, performance package).

On to the cars!

As you said, they are two of my dream cars as well. Fortunately. I have free reign to drive them he's had both since around 1998 (FD) & 2004 (Supra) and I helped in part as a personal mechanic :) I had an FC for a while but it met an untimely death, picture tells the story:(
pmgsQPS.jpg

It was awesome, **Note the wheels. Wink, Wink...
idn7rbv.jpg

The FD (RX7) The Angry Triangles...
Roughly 80,000miles and is pushing around 350 at the wheels on the stock(*modified stock) turbos.
Has rebuilt/modified/replaced pretty much everything over the years. Engine, turbos, suspension, ECU, etc. It feels like a track car and its damn fast! Don't drive it as much anymore, breaking too many $$$ parts, lol. Such is life with an FD.
Wheels are 19" Piaa - Front:19x9 with 255/35 Nittos - R: 19x10 with 285/30 Nittos.
IIRC When we corner balanced it it was right around 2800lbs with driver and about a half tank of gas!

xsQbbkR.jpg

FD engine pic for science!
k1h00xB.jpg

Supra:
It was a family friends that passed away and we purchased it from him before he passed on because he wanted it taken care of, it was bone stock.
It currently only has around 85,000miles and looks like the day it left the showroom floor, not a scratch or dent anywhere and runs like a top... a twin turbo top ;)
Basic bolt-ons I/H/E - 3" w/ high flow cat and a boost controller.
Stock suspension running staggered "AXE" wheels - Rear: 20x10 with 285/30 Nittos - Front: 255/35 nittos on 19x9.
tthziku.jpg

Thats all folks, thanks for checking it out!

Last edited:
Back