Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune....

Well, spent the whole day working on the car practically. with driving time looking for parts/tools about 7 hours....

Got the bolt out, with careful work, WD40, LH drill bits, and easy out after an hour and a half it just spun out. In the process had to take apart (2) motor mounts and the a/c compressor to get the whole motor low enough for a good angle for drilling.... but i got it! That was the biggest sigh of relief. ever. Then went around town looking for the same bolt/washer combo.

Got everything back on minus the power steering and alternator belts and tension set on those. I was about half a quart to a quart short on oil, so tomorrow, I will be picking that up, topping off the oil, re-setting the timing (with a timing gun and laptop) and getting all the air out of the coolant system... and i'm back in business! Finally. One he** of an adventure that's for sure....

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well, I got within a quarter of a degree is setting the timing with the EMS, and the battery died.... it's being charged right now. I have to go back sometime this week to set the final timing, hook up alt and power steering pump belts and run it dry, then pour some E85 in and set the fuel map to match it....

hotaccord243

Reaction score

No updates been super busy at work with late evening meetings....
I was planning on going out there today to finish up, but i'm pretty much snowed in and am not going anywhere today.... maybe I'll make it out there tomorrow to finish up though....

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

How do they account for default seasonal tuning temperature? For example.. if you tune it when it's cold out, it'll lean out when it gets warmer.. Conversely when you tune when it's too hot out, it will run really rich if it gets colder. I'm pretty sure that's the proportion, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Do they create artificial temperature settings and just hook up your exhaust to a ventilation pipe during winter?

- Nikita

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

stoked for the numbers..been a cliff hanger to say the least...:hide:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

How do they account for default seasonal tuning temperature? For example.. if you tune it when it's cold out, it'll lean out when it gets warmer.. Conversely when you tune when it's too hot out, it will run really rich if it gets colder. I'm pretty sure that's the proportion, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Do they create artificial temperature settings and just hook up your exhaust to a ventilation pipe during winter?

- Nikita

Well your are correct there are different tuning results for cold weather vs. summer weather.

I believe what they do is compensate for planning on when it will be driven the most (I.E. its super hot out but mainly driven in cooler weather but not dead of winter they will tune it slightly leaner so that when it is mostly driven it wont run super rich when the dead of winter hits).

In my case i typically tune it during the summer months due to that is when it is only driven, so that it will always be tuned correctly for when it is driven.

1NonlyAccord said:
stoked for the numbers..been a cliff hanger to say the least...

Tell me about it, for me too. Hooked it up to a battery charger last night to be able to get the timing closer but still could not do it, and the battery died, took too long to charge, and I had to get going anyway...... But I had it running (roughly).

On top of that, nothing wrong with the car, but my laptop screen (the one i tune the car with) took a shi* on me today and doesn't show a single thing. It had all my tuning files (I backed them up at work computer just in case...) but also the program and the program to run the Radio Shack USB to Serial cord. Of course I have lost the cd, so I can't really try again until they fix my laptop...

I stopped by Best Buy (where I bought it at) to give it to Geek Squad, and it cost me $85 just to ship the fu**** out to tell me what is wrong with it. should take about a week to tell me what is wrong and the cost to repair/replace the screen, and then another week or two to repair and finally get back.....

So I am SOL for a few weeks, because some stuff that wasn't backed up on it is on it which i need to tune with.... I tell you ANYTHING that can go wrong. Has. Gone. Horribly. Wrong. ugh.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Laptop is fixed and being shipped back (as of yesterday). Will have it by next week (approximately) and will get it running ASAP. I don't forsee any more problems.... :hide:

Back