1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport - mildly built

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
As I posted in my local craigslist ad:

This ad is for my 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport. It is a 6 cylinder with an automatic transmission. It has a lot of factory options & upgrades. The engine does have high mileage (180k & will change as this Jeep is driven daily), but you really can’t tell as the Jeep runs and drives well. The transmission shifts as it should with no problems or slipping. I drive this Jeep daily and there are no leaks dripping in my driveway. I’m the service manager at a repair facility, so I have kept up in the maintenance & repairs in the time that I have had the Wrangler. I just basically rebuilt the a/c system trying to track down where I was leaking Freon. After replacing several a/c lines, condenser, & drier, my technician had finally found that my evaporator was leaking. This required the removal of the entire dash in order to replace. So, thinking long term, I also had the technician replace the heater core since the dash would be down anyway. So the a/c blows ice cold & heat nice & hot. The previous owner had installed an AEM intake with a throttle body spacer. Other than that, the engine is stock.

The exterior of the Jeep is in good shape for it’s age, but it is not perfect considering the Jeep is 14 years old. The stock front bumper has a brand new Smittybuilt XRC-10 winch mounted to it. Off road lights are mounted to the windshield with KC highlights mounts. Tubular rocker panel skids were installed, along with a Smittybuilt XRC rear bumper with tire carrier. The previous owner had painted the dash black along with the center console & door panels. While my tech had the dash out, I touched up the dash as there were some places where the paint was fading. The top was originally tan & had some problems with the zippers for the rear windows. I ended up swapping all tan components to black, since the dash was painted black. Newer black carpet & a newer black top has been installed. I also installed a Tuffy rear underseat security drawer to keep valuables safe. Seats from a 2004 Rubicon were installed to update the interior look.

The previous owner had installed a Rough Country 4” suspension lift & transfer case drop. The lift rides well, and doesn’t give any driveline vibration while driving. I installed 16” Rubicon MOAB wheels with P315/75R16 (35”) Firestone Destination M/T tires. The tires are like new & have less than 6000 miles on them. I have a matching spare wheel on the tire carrier, but the tire is a 33” tire. I had an Avital remote start system installed, so you can safely start the Jeep & warm it up on those cold winter mornings. A secretly installed starter kill switch acts as a deterrent for someone trying to steal the Jeep. I have installed a Kenwood CD/tuner w/ Ipod hook up in the dash. The radio also offers a Bluetooth option, so you can talk on your phone & hear the conversation through the Jeep speakers. The only bad thing about the Jeep is there is a small rust spot starting to bubble the paint under the passenger door. There is no other rust on the body of the Jeep.

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq53/ebxgsxr/Jeeps/613113.jpg
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq53/ebxgsxr/Jeeps/97TJsummer3.jpg
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq53/ebxgsxr/Jeeps/0092.jpg

Please scammers don t waste my time by saying you’re out of town and your secretary will send me money. Also don t bother sending emails telling me to check out other sites. For serious buyers/inquiries, respond with a phone number in your email so I know you’re a real person that isn’t just wasting my time. I will either call or just continue answering questions through emails if I know you’re really interested. I am not a store, so I can’t offer any kind of warranty or return, so the item is being sold as is with no warranty. Please ask questions prior to purchase.
I may be open to trades, so throw out your offers. But the reason I am selling is b/c I just purchased a 1998 4 door M3 as it’s easier to carry around my 1 & ½ year old son. I am asking $6700 or best REASONABLE offer or trade. Other similar Wranglers on craigslist are selling for over $8000. 4 cylinder Wranglers with similar mileage, but stock form are selling for over $4000. I believe this is reasonably priced right in the middle. I AM NOT LOOKING TO PART OUT.

Please feel free to email me with any questions or if you would like to see more pics. You can email me at E B X G S X R (at) G M A I L (dot) C O M & .. remove the spaces.

Back