Problem with radiator fans coming on with short trips

accordman1

Reaction score
I recently got in an accident with my car as most of you know. I got the car back tonight. I had to get a new radiator put in and they installed a skinnier and different looking one but it was from honda. I drove the car home which was a 15 min drive at the most. Everything seemed fine. Then at night I drove somewhere about 25 min drive and I stopped to get gas and had car turned off. Then got to where I was going turned off car and both radiator fans turned on. I looked under hood and radiator felt very hot so did the hoses. Also I noticed on the way there the needle for engine temp never moved at all. I am not sure what is wrong and if the body shop did something wrong. If anyone has an idea let me know. I am very worried about the car and what is going to happen.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
maybe your fans aren't working properly or because of their size they're not able to move enough heat off the radiator (ie less efficient)

accordman1

Reaction score
Well brought it back to body shop today. They might have though a sensor was bad or thermostat was not working properly. Since the fans do work and turn on but the needle does not move. They drove it to honda and hopefully they can diagnose the problem and say it was from the accident that ruined something else so I do not have to pay.

accordman1

Reaction score
I have a problem with the radiator fans turning on a lot more since I had a new radiator put in. When fans turn on its supposed to be a click and then they turn on well its a steady clicking noise and is loud. It happens on 20-30 min trips and when I sit in traffic for a while. If I turn car off when it goes on and restart its fine but it will stay on for at least 10 seconds before the noise going away. I was thinking a bad fan switch but I have to have it tested by a dealer and have proof on paper to send to insurance company to prove it was from the accident. The temperature sensor was tested and is fine. If anyone thinks different or has any other ideas of the loud clicking noise let me know. Thanks

Last edited:
Back