Door Lock Actuators Not Consistently Working

barfo

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Accord that I had replaced 3 of 4 actuators, as the front driver's door lock is good. The driver's rear lock actuator has been holding up just fine, but it's the passenger doors that have been working off an on. It seems as though it might be an electrical problem. When one works, the other doesn't, and vise versa. When one doesn't work, I don't hear the lock actuators trying to engage, it's just dead. So, what I've done is disconnect the wiring harness to the passenger rear lock actuator so I can manually lock/unlock it, however, I can't do that with the front passenger door. Even after I disconnect the wiring harness, the lock won't move or down. What gives? Any reason why the electrical system works intermittently on the whole passenger side? VERY FRUSTRATING!

Thanks, guys!

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
It (they) make noise. Power is there, motor works, **** don't work.

Clean actuators, prly brake cleaner, soak with chain lube (motorcycle, thin to soak then gets thick to lube).

If that don't work, well buy new ones, or unplug them if you hate noise.

barfo

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did unplug the front actuator, but like I previously mentioned, the linkage won't move for me to manually un/lock it like the rear linkage.

Is it possible that the current can bypass the front and power the rear actuator only, while other times power the front and not the rear? Could there be a short in the circuitry that would cause this to happen?

barfo

Reaction score
Even though the replacements are aftermarket, they are less than a year old. I still think it's an electrical problem somehow...just weird.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
My passenger side actuator works intermittently. And it's worse in cold weather, when it usually stops working altogether until Spring.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Yeah, my driver door lock doesn't unlock every time with remote unlock. I already have a replacement so I might need to get this done before it gets real cold as that does seem to effect it's unlocking.

sandydoull

Reaction score
My passenger side lock has stopped operating using both the remote and also when locking the drivers side lock from the inside . When I lock the door using the key in the door I can here an electrical sound any ideas where to start?

UPDATE:I have now discovered that this is an intermittent problem, are there any common problem that causes this, poor grounding, poor lubricated parts etc?

Last edited:
Back