A/C Issues 98 Accord LX

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've had the car for a few months and everything was working fine (A/C blew cold air) but a week ago I found that the person that had the car before me was messing under the hood and somehow pushed the suction hose to where its touching the heat shield. Over time I guess the heat shield finally burned a hole through the hose.

Now my A/C doesn't blow cold air anymore. I replaced the suction hose. The a/c isn't blowing hot or warm air, its actually fairly cool compared to the outside weather. So I figured maybe too much refrigerant leaked and went out today to get some more. The problem i ran into is that, at first the gauge read 0. I put some refrigerant in (not much), maybe for a minute. And not the gauge reads full but the A/C is still not blowing cold air!!

What do you guys think?

Also, just got my windows tinted and my car looks so much better! 50% front and 20% rear (Live in Cali).

Reaction score
Just a little update. I went to a mechanic today to test my A/C and he found that the gauge I had wasn't reading the pressure correctly and I was pretty low in freon. Just needed a proper recharge. Didn't need a new reciever/dryer, thanks man.

Back